Gibson Brands Forums

r8 or late 90's standard

rich1978

R8.

Oh but it could be, the neck on my R8 was significantly and I mean significantly different from my USA Les Paul with a 50's neck.

This point should be bourne in mind as necks do vary - and sometimes by quite a margin - from one instrument to the next.

This is also why we always advise prospective buyers to try out as many examples as possible to find the one which feels most suited to 'yourself'.

FWIW the neck on Farns' R8 is slimmer than that on my R9.

P.

R8.

This point should be bourne in mind as necks do vary - and sometimes by quite a margin - from one instrument to the next.

This is also why we always advise prospective buyers to try out as many examples as possible to find the one which feels most suited to 'yourself'.

P.

I'll take that R9 off yer hands if it's a bother... msp_biggrin.gif

BTW, I vote R9, but find one that speaks you you personally and lights your passion and that inspires you to play!

Guest Farnsbarns

R8.

P.

Do you think so?

I'm sure I've played your R9 but I don't specifically remember one way or the other.

Do you think so?...

I seem to remember that being the case but, of course, I didn't whip-out my measuring device so it's all subjective.

Apparently when my R9 was in the shop being crafted there was a report filed of a missing telegraph pole somewhere in the Nashville area...

P.

i'm coming in to some money soon and i'm gonna get another lp, sadly I just had to sell my 08 ltd slash lp, i'm thinking r8 or a late 90's standard any thought's?

Seriously you better take a look at the 2015's

If you want playability, quality. no E strings falling off the edge of the board,

vintage pickups of any choice the adjustable zero nut, absolute quality tone woods,

You can literally get exactly the guitar that you want 10 different versions of a Les Paul,

The quality is just blowing me away this year 3 years ago medium quality, This year a huge effort.

You should at least check it out.

Classic for classic sake does not make tone or playability

sdog

Guest Farnsbarns

Seriously you better take a look at the 2015's

If you want playability, quality. no E strings falling off the edge of the board,

vintage pickups of any choice the adjustable zero nut, absolute quality tone woods,

You can literally get exactly the guitar that you want 10 different versions of a Les Paul,

The quality is just blowing me away this year 3 years ago medium quality, This year a huge effort.

You should at least check it out.

Classic for classic sake does not make tone or playability

sdog

If you can't drive without hitting the pavement (sidewalk) the answer is not a redesigned road.

If you can't drive without hitting the pavement (sidewalk) the answer is not a redesigned road.

That seems like a very poor analogy.

If you've ever driven in original 64 Bel Air you know that the car with its loose steering its poor wheels its poor design will end up in the weeds.

Especially on a gravel road with potholes and over arched bed.

Therefore I propose that the equipment And the road both need to be redesigned so that someone can drive.

Exactly how the current state of affairs is highly engineered roads with highly engineered cars we can now drive 100 miles an hour while sipping a latte which most people do every morning on my freeway.

Beautiful music.

In other words most of the 90s Les Pauls Have A variety of problems, you might find a good custom shop if you look at 100 different guitars.

Your proposal is: You can't be a good guitar player unless you can play a poorly made guitar.

...most of the 90s Les Pauls Have A variety of problems...

Not having played the entire output of Les Pauls made by the good folk at Gibson during the decade mentioned I couldn't possibly comment...

I guess I was just really really lucky with the four nigh-on perfect '90s LPs I've bought for myself.

[smile]

P.

Archived