Gibson Brands Forums

Mid 70's Byrdland no decal

Maestro Vibratoer

This might be sort of nit picky, but I am thinking about picking up a mid 70's Byrdland. It is in generally good condition, but it doesn't have the Byrdland decal normally found in the body, beneath the F hole. Is it possible that for a short time decals were not applied. Personally have seen and played many hollow - bodies (Gibson)from this era and all had a decal. Any comments on this? Thank you

I can't really speak to the mid-70's Byrdlands, as far as labels. Some pictures of features and the serial # would be helpful, however.

Mid-70's Gibsons can get pretty weird and 'dicey'....

Rod

....maybe some others can weigh in!

Rod

I don't have it in front of me but it's a 76 sunburst with neck volute. The back of the headstock has the serial# etc. in decal form (not ingrained in the wood). I have a '75 Les Paul Custom with this same feature. My impression is that, if there was a decal in the hollowbody, maybe moisture or something else lifted it.

I don't have it in front of me but it's a 76 sunburst with neck volute. The back of the headstock has the serial# etc. in decal form (not ingrained in the wood). I have a '75 Les Paul Custom with this same feature. My impression is that, if there was a decal in the hollowbody, maybe moisture or something else lifted it.

Pictures?

Archived