Gibson Brands Forums

Would you do it?

daveinspain

Got a guy who wants to trade me a Grestch Country Gentleman for my Grestch Chat Atkins Signature 6120..,, the gentleman retails for about 400 bucks more than my 6120... I don't really use the 6120 that much, was hoping to sell it to finance an ES 175... The guitars are very similar except my 6120 has a fatter body and single coil pups. The Gentleman has hum bucking pups and a slimmer body..

Well Dave, if you were planning on selling the Chet Atkins anyway, maybe you could do the trade and sell the Country Gentleman for a little more than you might have gotten for yours? :-k

I really don't know much about either guitar, so I can't advise much more.

Keep the 6120.. I wouldnt trade for a country Double cut.. No way no how.. The point is.. 6120s are just more popular, and feel better.. .. the Countrys are bulky..

I think I agree with you. I will check it out and give it a play but I think it will harder to sell the Gentleman than my 6120... So unless I fall in love with the Gentleman I think I'll stick with what I got...

DSC042332_zps34c08338.jpg

I would like everyone to quit talking about the ES 175. Please. The G.A.S. is killing me. This has been a Public Service Announcement from my wallet. Thank you. [crying]

[flapper]

Nothing Wrong with a Nice Es 175.. . Trying to give a positive on the 6120.. verses the CGent double Cut..

Guest Farnsbarns

I would like everyone to quit talking about the ES 175. Please. The G.A.S. is killing me. This has been a Public Service Announcement from my wallet. Thank you. [crying]

You and I could set up a self help group...

Grant me the serenity to accept the guitars I can afford, the courage self control to not buy the ones I can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

"Country Gent's" are NICE guitars [thumbup] , don't get me wrong! But, a totally different feel, look, and sound,

from your 6120! Like ANY guitar, one can get "used to," it, and really enjoy/love the difference(s).

Whether or not, you want to bother with it, is up to you, obviously. [biggrin]

I have 2 Gretsch guitars, a 1966 Country Gent, and a more recent black Duo-Jet TSP with Single Coils! My Country

Gent is in the shop, getting the binding replaced! (A very common problem, with old Gretsch guitars, from the '60's!)

They both have that "Great Gretsch Sound," but are quite different, as well. The Duo-Jet has a more "Telecaster"

sound, but deeper(?) for lack of a better term. Similar "Twang" effect, though. The CG is more mellow, even though

it can ROCK, too! Very versatile, tone wise. Neither, sounds like any Gibson!

CB

Got a guy who wants to trade me a Grestch Country Gentleman for my Grestch Chat Atkins Signature 6120..,, the gentleman retails for about 400 bucks more than my 6120... I don't really use the 6120 that much, was hoping to sell it to finance an ES 175... The guitars are very similar except my 6120 has a fatter body and single coil pups. The Gentleman has hum bucking pups and a slimmer body..

I have a Country Gentleman, and I would never sell or trade it for anything. I love my CG and the sound of it you can't beat. It defined George Harrison and Beatlemania.

Archived