Gibson Brands Forums

J-200 Jr

Gibby Acoustic Lover

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience playing the J-200 Jr? I have a J-150 that I love and play out quite a bit, but was curious what kind of difference the smaller jumbo would make, obviously besides slightly less bass and a slightly smaller size to play,

Both the J-150 and J-200 Jr have maple back and sides, to at least the Jr's I have been looking at.

Jr is a 16 inch body.. Ive owned a few.. Nice guitars .. but they carry the same tone perty much as the 180s and 185s... the J150 will give you the J200 tone with out the frills. I played a j150 the other day.. it seemed to have a 24 3/4 scale as to the 25 1/2.. I kind of liked it.. I think you will find the J200jr will have a 25 1/2 cale length.. I dont think you would be happy with it.

I think some J-150s do have the standard scale, though. I googled it because I was curious. I really, really like short-scale Gibsons, so I was disappointed.

I originally come into this thread because I was curious if a J-200 Jr. was similar to the Emmylou L-200! Is that what it was called, L-200? Anyway, it's a "mini" J-200, which I did not expect to sound good, but by golly, it sounds great. Not sure what the scale is on it. IT's smaller than a J-150 or J-200 tho obviously.

it is a 16 inch body.. they carry the same tone perty much as the 180s and 185s...
. Kinda, except that the standard sale is going to give the string a tighter feel and cause it to porject more. A bit
than the 185s, in other words. More like the 200s in that respect. And more air moving than the ELH models, which according to my recollection are 15" wide.

Archived