Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone EJ 200

robblythe7

The Epiphone Ej-200 has been out of production for a good few years now and they're like gold dust on ebay.

Does anybody have any idea if these will come back into production? I'm not into the SCE version with the cut away or the artist version - although I am aware that this one less scaled back version has had decent reviews since it came out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or a point in the right direction of finding one!

I have both, the cutaway electric, and original non cutaway all acoustic. In my opinion the newer Indonesian SCE stomps the original into the ground.

For build quality, tone, playability and just for the feel of having a 'real' guitar in your hands, I go for the new Indonesian build.

I admit that stylistically I prefer a non cutaway, but in every other regard the EJ 200 SCE is a winner in its price range.

I unknowingly bought one of the last new ej200 available in the uk, before I found out production had stopped. It was made in Indonesia. I see loads of them on ebay all the time but they go for close to original sale price!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I managed to pick up a 2003 Peerless Ej 200 VS for £200. In near mint condition too - seller kept it in it's case.

I'm thinking this could be a masterstroke as I've been told Epiphones built in the Peerless factory are known for their quality/craftsmanship?

Well I managed to pick up a 2003 Peerless Ej 200 VS for £200. In near mint condition too - seller kept it in it's case.

I'm thinking this could be a masterstroke as I've been told Epiphones built in the Peerless factory are known for their quality/craftsmanship?

Good price! Korean v Chinese or where ever ? All a myth for me! People will always say things were better before! my two best epis are Chinese made, my Korean I would rank 4th!

Archived