Gibson Brands Forums

Last Rush Tour??

Rabs

rush_publicity_600w_zpsfkrofzie.jpg

A renew appreciation for home life is at the root of Rush’s hints that their forthcoming tour may be the last of its kind. As reported by Classic Rock, guitarist Alex Lifeson recently told radio station Q-107 in Toronto that a year-long sabbatical opened the group’s eyes to the joys of family life, and that “coming back to another big tour was a really tough decision.” “We’d been working like crazy for five years,” Lifeson explained. “After the last tour we were exhausted and we decided to take a year off. I think over this past period we’ve got to really like being home and enjoying our family time.”

Still, Lifeson did offer assurances that the upcoming shows would not disappoint. “We’ve gone through a couple of set list scenarios,” he said. “We have an idea of how we want to approach the whole show. We’re working on production ideas. It’s going to be really cool--we’re going to have a lot of fun with it and I think our fans are going to really love the little musical trip we’re planning.”

Until the next one.

rct

Lol... most very likely :)

Like when the Stones last retired.. I think they then announced a world tour a week later [rolleyes]

I guess they are just saying they are gonna take it easy for a while and see where it leads... I reckon though after a lifetime of being in a band and touring, they will soon get bored at home and want to do more.. That's what seems to happen to all of these guys who are at that age...

Lol... most very likely :)

Like when the Stones last retired.. I think they then announced a world tour a week later [rolleyes]

I guess they are just saying they are gonna take it easy for a while and see where it leads... I reckon though after a lifetime of being in a band and touring, they will soon get bored at home and want to do more.. That's what seems to happen to all of these guys who are at that age...

Drummer already did that, right? Didn't he lose family in a car wreck and he stopped for a very long time, or do I have the wrong band?

rct

I thought that is what led them to this last tour.

Rush is a class act, I don't mean as just people, but as musicians. As a band. They aren't driven by their egos, don't have huge heads, but yet are completely aware of who and what they are and the respect they have as "super-musicians", which, I think most see them as.

Very, VERY rare that you have a working band that plays as well as they do together, and LIKES each other as much as they do at the same time. And they not only love each other as poeple, but they love the music each other makes. AND appreciates what they give each other.

They will be back. Only question is, WHEN they will.

Drummer already did that, right? Didn't he lose family in a car wreck and he stopped for a very long time, or do I have the wrong band?

rct

Pretty close rct. His only daughter died in a car accident and his wife succumbed to breast cancer 10 months later. He told the band he was done, but rather than call it a day, Lifeson & Lee put the band on hold till Neil felt ready to give it another shot. There was no new music or tour without him.

Their original drummer (John Rutsey) had to bow out after their first album due to complications from diabetes. IIRC, he passed away from same 6 or 7 years ago.

rct

Nope rct, you have the right band, but the story line isn't quite right

Flyingfrets got it right

The next album was Vapor Trails after all this. (not their best work IMO)

if you are interested, check out the book Ghost Rider (Pert's biography during this time)

anyway,, I'll be there- like I always am when they come to boston.. is this the Last tour? It's possible. Neil wants to tire from the big tours and has for some time. so part of me says I will believe it when I see it, but I think this time, could be for real.

/ray

Archived