Gibson Brands Forums

You know, there hasn't been a closed down thread since..

onewilyfool

You know, there hasn't been a closed down thread since……well, let's just say "for a long time"………Amazingly pleasant and cordial in the old forum for quite some time! I appreciate all the respect and patience begin shown lately…..This but be the friendliest forum I come too. Knowledgeable folks, great herds, talented players…what's not to like???

I vaguely remember parlor man. dont remember when and if and how he left. what's the shoe thing?

Parlour Man was one of our more knowledgeable and insightful members, absent from the Gibson Acoustic Forum for over a year. With a biting wit, he was either banned by the administrator or submitted to a self-imposed exile. I really don't know: These things happen and few, if anyone knows the whole story. While Gibson Acoustics were his first love, shoes appeared to be an area of either expertise or infatuation - although he was a true Renaissance Man. I believe he also had a Black Belt, or a black guitar strap. Which he found multiple uses for.

PM got into a tiff with Jerry K, and they both were banned at the same time, but I believe PM to some extent fell on his sword by suggesting the dual banning.

Don't miss Jerry's uncivil attacks at all, but I do miss PM's wit a "wee" bit.

Regardless, time marches on, and the more thoughtful discussions these days are greatly appreciated.

Must agree. I do miss PM's posts and his referring to BBG as Gruntfuttle. (What's a Gruntfuttle?)

This forum has really improved since last year when it was getting out of control.

Buc McMaster, why don't you come back and spend more time here? And the ladies just aren't on here enough. You're always welcome here.

Now, let's get to the serious stuff: If I Tonerite my Red Bear picks will they sound as good as my Blue Chip picks?

FMA

Archived