Gibson Brands Forums

this makes me angry

hoross

i received a beautiful gibson lp traditional 2014 ocean blue 3 weeks ago .The guitar looked perfect and plays like a dream however by cleaning the guitar i discovered bad paintings on the headstock behind and on corners and on the frets my god yes some people will call it stupid.But i think when u buy a Gibson guitar for that ammount we need get perfection right? [cursing]

Hello Hoross!

That's how it goes...

You receive Your new guitar, and being excited You do not see those tiny faults. As days go by, You notice a hairline crack here, or a scratch there.

Noone else will ever notice them, not even if You pointed out to them. Noone would give a damn about it. They are of a size that can be only seen under a microscope...

But they drive You mad. It's Your guitar, You want it to last perfect until the eternity.

Try to accept it. Nothing's perfect.

Cheers... Bence

whenever i get a new guitar, examine every little part of it before playing. i like to know whether or not i can get attached ahead of time. there are some defects/imperfections that i can deal with. Though, like anyone,i ideally do want as close to perfect as possible when its a high dollar buy.

when i got my LP Signature, i noticed a very small nick in the finish on the headstock. i think it happened because the battery for the minetune became dislodged or just wasn't packed correctly when zzounds sent it to me. the battery was free to jump around the case during transit. very minor almost unnoticeable cosmetic damage but none the less i contacted zzounds and they refunded me $150.

the moral of the story is, it pays to inspect your new guitar. sometimes, literally!

i received a beautiful gibson lp traditional 2014 ocean blue 3 weeks ago .The guitar looked perfect and plays like a dream however by cleaning the guitar i discovered bad paintings on the headstock behind and on corners and on the frets my god yes some people will call it stupid.But i think when u buy a Gibson guitar for that ammount we need get perfection right? [cursing]

If it plays good then ignore the small things. Nothing is perfect.

I have a little white on the edge of my fretboard (on the dot side marker edge) on my Alpine White LP. It irks me when I see it, but doesn't cause me loss of sleep. I will get round to resolving it at some point.

hoross,

contact your seller and tell them you are not accepting the guitar due to too many surface imperfections, do you not have the typical 30 day return things?

just me but from what you said you will always regret not returning it for full credit and you will have the flaws all the while you own it

bottom line, there are many perfect or near perfect other wonderful new guitars from Gibson out there that you will not regret

do not accept that well that's what you get when you buy a new guitar nowadays

I just bought a 2014 Gibson LP Standard Plus and it is perfect, not a single flaw anywhere

don't know who you seller is but you only have a short time left if have the 30 day thing, you sound rightfully not happy at all, I get it, so do not accept less than what you want, just my opinion is all

I know what such a catastrophe such issues can be.

I was in a restaurant lately and when I put pepper on the Chateau Briande I noticed that the pepper contained black specs of fly $hit.

Life is full of problems. It is just one thing after another.

You have to go to www.photobucket.com and open an acount. Upload your pics there then copy and paste here......I know, I know....a corporation as big as the Big "G" and that's the best they got for their own forums.....hey, if they cut the hologram's maybe they could throw some scratch at the website..... :-k

If it plays good then ignore the small things. Nothing is perfect.

Get a PRS :P

OP - On a serious note. If you are within your rights with the store/law in your country to return it then do it. Its a new guitar so get one until you are happy.

There are however a LOT of people online will say that is what you get with Gibson, it's part and parcel of their products and it is hand made etc. I agree with some point but massively disagree on others. PRS can make it spotless for theirs, every single one so I don't see why Gibson does not. I agree that paying $2k on an instrument it ought to have gone through a rigorous level of quality control where every mm is looked over with an hair comb, that's what you are paying for afterall, a quality instrument both in playing and built quality, this includes cosmetically, not just playbility.

Anyway, that said, I personally would incline to keep a great playing guitar with minor cosmetic flaws in an area that you can't normally see than a not so good guitar with perfect finish. Because eventually you will ding it, and then you'll end up with a average guitar with a ding as opposed to having a great playing guitar with a ding and some off paintwork on the headstock.

Your call.

From what I can make out, it does seem very minor. It wouldn't bother me especially if you can't see it from the front nor while you are playing it. Unless you think it would be super easy to prove to the store it was there before you took it home and convince them to maybe give you some sort of compensation, Id say let it go

Archived