Gibson Brands Forums

Little River Band "It's a long way there"

Fatstrat

Great song.

But it always makes me think of an old band I was in. One of the guys wanted us to do this song and had worked all the parts out for everyone to play. He put a lot of time working it out. But, no one else in the band wanted to do it. Not that we didn't think it's a great song, but we didn't think the bar crowds where we played would get into it. The band overruled him and he got his feeling all hurt. [crying] I felt bad for him and probably would have gone along with playing the song. It does have some great guitar parts. But certain members were dead set against it.

They're a very ecclectic or unique band.

I've always loved "Lonesome Loser." I think it was my themesong in high-school... :blink:

They really have some great stuff, but it just doesn't classify well and is very unique.

They wrote alot of smash hits that made other bands/acts popular household names...

Glenn Shorrock has a good sense of humor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alxerT7nkAw

I was a HUGE LRB fan in the 70's and early 80's. Unfortunately they started a downhill slide when they lost their PHENOMENAL bass player George McArdle in 1979 - and, like Kelly, I kind of lost them when Glenn Shorrock left they band.

Interesting thing about the original long (8+ minutes) studio version of 'It's A Long Way There' is that the lead guitarist, Rick Formosa, recorded all of the lead guitar work in ONE TAKE! Great work - he can play in my band anytime!

ONE TAKE? whoa! that's talent. can you imagine anyone today doing that?

SRV's

was recorded in one take...

That has the hand of God written all over it!!!

But I guess that no longer qualifies as "today," does it, considering that he died in 1990?

I guess I'm gettin' old older... [unsure]

Archived