Gibson Brands Forums

gibson lg2 3 / 4

Motherofpearl

I had one in the house somebody wanted to sell me for a test drive. I was surprised as to how much I did not like it. Cute as all get out but I would not have bought it on a prayer unless I guess it could be had for a couple of hundred bucks. I own guitars with lower bouts an inch or so smaller that had a bigger and more open voice.

Ya I'm not considering new. I have this one in my hands. It's remarkable how loud it is for such a little guitar. I'm suprised yall don't fancy them that much. Ladder bracing really isn't my thing. Just from what I've read. To be honest though this is the first ladder braced guitar I've played. Thanks for your thoughts

That body style has appeared four times. In the 1930s, there was an L-00 3/4 -- x-braced. In the late 30s-early 40s, there was the Kalamazoo "Sport Model" -- ladder braced. In the 50s, there was the LG-2 3/4 -- ladder braced. And finally the Arlo Guthrie Model -- a reissue of the ladder braced LG-2 3/4.

This pictures shows a L-00 3/4 (35) and a Kalamazoo Sport Model (42).

Zoos.jpg

Let's pick,

-Tom

I have one in a Cherry Sunburst and it's the coolest guitar I have. I keep it on my couch and it's perfect to noodle on during commercials. I used to travel a lot and I took it along as it fit in the overhead.

I played Arlo's guitar after Gibson restored it and I have played the recreations and they all sound pretty much the same. This is not a big guitar so no one should expect a big sound. It's just a sweet little Gibson and I paid $500.00 for mine probably twenty years ago.

IMG_2378_zpsyz8yun0z.jpg

Cool.. nothing wrong with the old ones.. just finding a good one at times can be the challenge.. I see you have what looks to be a nice one there.. you gettin it?

Hogeyes got some cool guitars..

The thing about a guitar that doesn't dazzle you with it's tone, especially one that costs you a considerable chunk of change, is that your ear gets bored with it over time and you risk losing interest. Then the issue becomes whether or not you can recoup your investment.

I agree. This to me is more of the couch guitar for noodling. Albeit a damn expensive one LMAO. I haven't really been selling anymore. Thing with it is.. tone wise it's got that blues written all over it. I don't play the blues really. More country folk. Maybe I'll look for a cheaper alternative. ? Any suggestions?

Don't get me wrong. I do love the L-00s. But as far as can't be beaten I have to go with the 1931-1935 Oahu "Nick Lucas." That 00 size deep maple body combined with the red spruce top creates just a thunderous little guitar. Kinda like an un-housebroken Gibson Nick Lucas. Tons of attitude.

Don't get me wrong. I do love the L-00s. But as far as can't be beaten I have to go with the 1931-1935 Oahu "Nick Lucas." That 00 size deep maple body combined with the red spruce top creates just a thunderous little guitar. Kinda like an un-housebroken Gibson Nick Lucas. Tons of attitude.

Right...among the unfundable and unfindable, this rules.

Archived