Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Deluxe Tuning Machines

Silvercrow

So I got my first Les Paul Studio cherry faded and I'm still lovin' it to death! I did the Virtuoso polish thing and I could only be happier if it were a '59 re-issue. Even then, I'd keep this one!

Bought it used and it has two minor problems; fret ends are slightly sharp, not "sprout" but sharp nonetheless. A very respectable Philly (Pa.) luthier is working on that as we speak.

It also has a bent tuner on the bass side. I bought a set of Gibson Deluxe tuners from Chris' guitars and they look great. What I didn't know was how long the "shafts" should be. The set I bought are marked Gibson Deluxe with vertical lines, "made in Germany" on the backs (part of case against the rear headstock, and measure 1 3/32" from the back side of the case to the tip of the shaft (maybe the wrong term- shaft being the protrusion where the string fits into the hole (wow, we could have some fun with this, no?). By the back side of the case I mean the flat that fits against the rear of the guitar headstock when mounted.

Did I get the right one for my '09 Les Paul Studio Faded? Thanks for any info. Sorry about the rookie questions- I didn't measure beforehand, the guitar is at the luthier and the new tuners arrived today.

BTW- the tuners look great- Chris is a great guy to do business with. And while I'm plugging- Jack Romano, Conshohocken Pa. has been working on my electrics and acoustics for several years. He's tops IMHO!

Thanks again!

Brian

Archived