Gibson Brands Forums

Signature T pots

the dog

General rule of thumb is single coil instruments (Strat) have 250K pots and humbucker instruments (LP's) have 500K pots. Linear non-audio taper for tone pots and non-linear, audio taper for vol pots. CTS and DiMarzio have the best pots IMHO.

Yes the push pull are 500k audio no need to change them they are great pots better than the standard Gibson 500k audio tone pots I only changed my tone caps.

Thanks for that info Donny....

My pups will be here on Tuesday....just makin sure everything is good.....

General rule of thumb is single coil instruments (Strat) have 250K pots and humbucker instruments (LP's) have 500K pots. Linear non-audio taper for tone pots and non-linear, audio taper for vol pots. CTS and DiMarzio have the best pots IMHO.

got it.....single coil-250k.....humbucker-500k.....

Thanks

I dont like linear anything myself. Did you know Dimarzio pots are CTS with Dimarzio stamped on it? None of their parts are made by them just packaged.

LOL! Didn't know that. Knew there had to be a reason why I liked both! My pull/push 250's in the strats are from DM.

Gibby make their own don't they?

authors edit: I have just been informed that some LP's and SG's have been known to have been fitted with 300K pots. Why? don't know. (?).

Archived