Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Tribute 1960 disapointment

Raff

Her neck is so bad finished. The banding was very bad finished. I wonder if it is normal or should I go with her on the Warranty?

post-70311-060188700 1422917663_thumb.jpg

I am coming from Ibanez world and I never thought before than Gibson have so bad quality control on Epiphone production.

//Raff

Epiphones are made in China so the Gibson USA people have little to do with with QC during production, they lay down the ground rules and let the Chinese do all the work. I've owned a few newer Epis and while I can find some flaws its still about the best alternative if your on a low budget.

Her neck is so bad finished. The banding was very bad finished. I wonder if it is normal or should I go with her on the Warranty?

I am coming from Ibanez world and I never thought before than Gibson have so bad quality control on Epiphone production.

//Raff

No not normal and unacceptable for a new guitar.

Return it for another.

It will be great if some of you can send photos of the epiphone bindings well finished or at least how it should look. There is a lot of photos of the whole guitar but I could not find any nice Photos of the neck and bindings, so I can compare with mine.

Raff

1422927613[/url]' post='1624009']

No not normal and unacceptable for a new guitar.

Return it for another.

//Raff

send it back to where you got it and tell them to exchange it.

I contacted them and is no problem to send it back for exchange. But if all tribute models are made i the same factory there is problem that the new guitar can have more flaws than the one I already have

/Raff

I contacted them and is no problem to send it back for exchange. But if all tribute models are made i the same factory there is problem that the new guitar can have more flaws than the one I already have

/Raff

they are made in the same factory but that does not mean they will all have the same flaw. I owned one for a couple of years and mine was fine. That's just the chance you take buying anything online.

Although it looks a bit "rough", does that condition actually effect the guitars play-ability ? Do the strings slip off the neck when bending, fretting or "normal" plucking/strumming ? Or, is it only a "visual anomaly" ?

"character fingerprints" . If the guitar "played" OK, I don't think that would bother me. I'd play it until I made "rut's" of my own...dry.gif Again, how is the "action" ? Do those marks effect the "feel" and "action" ? msp_confused.gif

1423008660[/url]' post='1624382']

Although it looks a bit "rough", does that condition actually effect the guitars play-ability ? Do the strings slip off the neck when bending, fretting or "normal" plucking/strumming ? Or, is it only a "visual anomaly" ?

"character fingerprints" . If the guitar "played" OK, I don't think that would bother me. I'd play it until I made "rut's" of my own...dry.gif Again, how is the "action" ? Do those marks effect the "feel" and "action" ? msp_confused.gif

No it not effect the guitars play-ability at all. The action is working well for me, I am bending quite often but I am also strumming thus not to low and not to high. It is mostly "rough" visual thing. The only one litle lifted 9th fret under the high e string was causing buzzing but I already filit it little down thus I asume it as fixed. The rest of the frets seems to be leveled right.

When I strum not so hard it is not buzzing but when I do it in the hard way it buzz little. It is normal I think. I could rise action but than soloing could be more difficult.One thing more is that sometimes G string goes out of the tune, after 15 minutes hard playing . I do not know why but I had the same G string wird beheviour on mine Ibanez guitars. Is it G string vibration frequency doing it?

• 4 months later...

Archived