Gibson Brands Forums

2015 SG Std.

MrNylon

Wow - one day turn around - that's fast! Let us know how you like the Babicz bridge.

It helps when I'm about four hours down the road from the distribution warehouse. I'm definitely wanting to restring Nylons through the Babicz bridge. [thumbup] It looks like a great solid bridge.

I went to order the 2015 SG Std., and they had one in stock. The sales rep. ordered one from the warehouse for me anyway. He said I can pick between the two, and they'll use the one I don't pick for stock. The new bridge is a Monster. A great change for the SG Std. [thumbup]

It's a good thing I have a choice of the two SG Std.'s. The one sent to me has damage to the tip of the left horn, caused by the SG Std. moving in the case during shipping. So much for the improved case to protect the 2015 SG Std. in the case.

Now I guess I better order another set or two of ETB92S strings for backup. QIg3Sct.gif For my Jazz, and Precision, I can get the ETB92 long scales locally at a Sam Ash. But not the short scales for the SG Std., they have to ordered. Guitar Center stocks them online. rf0zH1a.gif

Congrats on your nice SG Bass, GSGBass - HNBD, mate! [thumbup]

Yep, the short scale string choice is not that abundant. No problems with my Gibson SG basses here despite of their 30.5" scale, but there are no more strings of my preferred gauge anymore matching my 30" Fender Mustang. Fender discontinued them, and all the others I tried won't pass the nut with full winding diameter - there's too much length lost on the string-through-body path... [crying]

Congrats on your nice SG Bass, GSGBass - HNBD, mate! [thumbup]

Yep, the short scale string choice is not that abundant. No problems with my Gibson SG basses here despite of their 30.5" scale, but there are no more strings of my preferred gauge anymore matching my 30" Fender Mustang. Fender discontinued them, and all the others I tried won't pass the nut with full winding diameter - there's too much length lost on the string-through-body path... [crying]

Thanks. When I played a Pawn Shop Mustang with ETB92M Nylons, (ETB92M Medium Scale) the D'Addario fit fine at the nut. I first tried short scale, and they were as you said, the string through the body threw off the length.

I just now switched shorts to mediums on the SG Std. They fit a lot better. The short were to close to the nut, or sitting in the nut. A perfect fit, at least with the D'Addario ETB92M Nylons.

I went to order the 2015 SG Std., and they had one in stock. The sales rep. ordered one from the warehouse for me anyway. He said I can pick between the two, and they'll use the one I don't pick for stock. The new bridge is a Monster. A great change for the SG Std. [thumbup]

Glad you're fine with the Babicz bridge, too. [thumbup] Did they supply the 2mm hex key for adjustment and locking? My EB 2013s came without, but I had some redundant ones which had come with the Schaller Floyd Rose replacements I retrofitted two of my Fender FR Strats with. So I already had what I needed.

The craziest stroke of fate in this respect during my entire life has been this one: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/115910-ngd-ncd-new-camera-day/page__view__findpost__p__1572746

Glad you're fine with the Babicz bridge, too. [thumbup] Did they supply the 2mm hex key for adjustment and locking? My EB 2013s came without, but I had some redundant ones which had come with the Schaller Floyd Rose replacements I retrofitted two of my Fender FR Strats with. So I already had what I needed.

The craziest stroke of fate in this respect during my entire life has been this one: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/115910-ngd-ncd-new-camera-day/page__view__findpost__p__1572746

The case had the 2mm in it. I had some from previous SG Std.'s also. An Allen wrench was included also.

That's fine. [thumbup] Some of my Gibsons included the Allen wrech, others didn't. <_<

This one was the first Gibson that I've had, that an Allen wrench come with it. I guess it has to go with the Babicz bridge.

I like the 2015 version of the SG Std. For me it was worth the the extra cost of it. My sales rep. cut $100. off, so it was really only about $50. more than the cost of a 2014 SG Std.

• 2 weeks later...

I left the settings on the amp set for the T-Bird, and the Ray34CAFL. When the SG Std. played through it, it was too loud on volume 2.5, on the SG Std.'s volume knob. I cut back the volume on the bass to 2. These pups are monters on this Axe. I love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived