Gibson Brands Forums

2015 SGS3

RRIDER

Anyone have one? Opinions?

I'm really tempted, but the price seems a little steep to me.

At least there is no zero fret nut or G force tuner.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Supreme-Florentine.aspx

Don't own one, myself. However, I did get a chance to play it at a store. Sounds is quite nice, actually. Personally, I couldn't really point to where it sounded different from a regular SG...but that might be faulty memory on my part. It's a nice looking guitar with better stability than a regular SG. What I allude to here, is the fact that SG Standards can be prone to nose-dive a lot. The SG3 doesn't do that, really. It's very nice to play one, whilst sitting down.

What I wanted to ask you, is how do you feel the price is steep? Did you mean compared to a SG Standard? I mean, Gibson has raised the prices on all their guitars. Just look at the Les Pauls, and what they go for now. It's pretty insane, really. It's just a matter of how much you're willing to spend on your SG3. Good luck!

I know prices have been going up at an almost insane rate. Just not sure I can personally justify paying $2600 for this SG. Like I said I am tempted, but can't find one locally to try.

Oh, I hear ya. I would never pay that kind of money a SG. Has to below $2000, otherwise no deal. Couldn't you approach a local dealer, and ask them if they could bring one over? I have done that multiple times, and I didn't always buy them. If I liked the guitar, sure, I would buy it from them. Otherwise, they could sell it to another customer. My local store does that pretty often, and people remember gestures like that. Your store might be willing to do so, as well.

Archived