Gibson Brands Forums

Used SG or Firebird; purchase recommendation

crush01

I have some GAS and the some funds. Looking at the following used guitars and would like some opinions. Both used. 2010 SG faded with 57,57+ p/u upgrade. CTS pots (500K) or Firebird 70S Tribute stock w/mini HB. Both are in the $600 range and have HSC. I play mostly blues and blues rock; Black Crowes and DBT style.

I have some GAS and the some funds. Looking at the following used guitars and would like some opinions. Both used. 2010 SG faded with 57,57+ p/u upgrade. CTS pots (500K) or Firebird 70S Tribute stock w/mini HB. Both are in the $600 range and have HSC. I play mostly blues and blues rock; Black Crowes and DBT style.

I'm also a Crowes fan, and dig my recent SG purchase. That said, the Firebird is a sweet axe too. Big!

Welcome to the board!

Play them both (if you have the opportunity), or at least, one's of the same model, in a store.

It's the only way to be sure, which you're more apt to like the best! They have very different

weights, and how they feel! Either one, will work for the type music you mentioned.

Good Luck!

CB

Archived