Gibson Brands Forums

Kirk Hammett now owns Moore/Green LP

RobertAndersson

Indeed, Ian. :D

Well, I don't know what is worser: putting this legendary instrument into a display case, or it's being in hands of someone, - so to say - not that refined as a player. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to put Mr. Hammett down, but the genre of music He plays doesn't requires such a delicate sense for nuances as Mr. Green's and Mr. Moore's music showed.

Anyways, life goes on. As it went into the hands of Mr. Moore, - after being played by Mr. Green on legendary records - now it's passes on to the hands of a younger player.

Cheers... Bence

Geez, I hope he runs a clean cloth over it, puts it on a stand, and leaves it there. I'd hate to think he'd gig it. It's a piece of history.

and EMG's and paint? Oh, there are times I could ***** slap you two so hard! (LOL!hahahaha!) [wink]

Does anyone know how much he paid?

It got sold by Mr. Moore for around 300.000 British Pounds to Maverick Music, and it was quickly passed on for 1.200.000 USD to Melvyn Franks. But these are rumours only, and different sources talk about different sums. As these were private transactions noone will ever know the real figures.

So, as far as Mr. Hammett's offer is concerned... we will never know that either.

Cheers... Bence

...I don't know what is worser: putting this legendary instrument into a display case, or it's being in hands of someone, - so to say - not that refined as a player. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to put Mr. Hammett down, but the genre of music He plays doesn't requires such a delicate sense for nuances as Mr. Green's and Mr. Moore's music showed....

With the very greatest respect, Bence, just because Mr. Hammett typically doesn't play like PG/GM on his albums I, personally, would be very reluctant to assume he couldn't play soulful blues should he so wish...

As far as the guitar goes here, once again and just because it's so inherently interesting, is yet another youtube clip;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHOdXWLrxPk

The bit from 13:50 showing the clean stuff is wonderful.

The Lazy-J amp doesn't sound too shabby either!

P.

Archived