Gibson Brands Forums

2015 Thunderbird

MrNylon

That is a real beauty! I remember playing one of those in the early '70's. It was a real performer. Great action and very powerful. My bass at the time was the EB-O. My band was playing for a prom somewhere in NJ, we somehow left all the guitars back in CT at our practice house! The kids got together and found instruments for us to borrow, I was very happy to play that T-Bird. Yours looks just like it. You should get good vibes from that one.

John

Nice one gsg!msp_thumbup.gif You buying all these Gibbies with Babicz bridges is probably the reason I can't seem to get one!! msp_cursing.gif

Thanks man. You have to move fast around here Kelv. The Babicz Bridge is a good one. I'm also really liking the nut grooves cut for E, A, and D, being the same gauge as the ETB92, and ETB92M sets are. (SG Std. & Thunderbird) For both string sets, the G is cut at .45, and the string gauge is .50. Close enough to not matter. [thumbup]

That is a real beauty! I remember playing one of those in the early '70's. It was a real performer. Great action and very powerful. My bass at the time was the EB-O. My band was playing for a prom somewhere in NJ, we somehow left all the guitars back in CT at our practice house! The kids got together and found instruments for us to borrow, I was very happy to play that T-Bird. Yours looks just like it. You should get good vibes from that one.

John

Thanks John. I do like the Jazz size nut on the Thunderbird. It's a very playable Axe with the 12" radius board. All three of my basses are 12" radius boards now. The SG Std., Thunderbird, and Sterling Ray34CAFL. I do like the flatter surfaced board, over the 9.5" radius of a Fender Jazz, or Precision.

Archived