Gibson Brands Forums

question to moderators please

'Scales

Question to mod's please.

When viewing some peoples profiles (for example one of the main moderators here) under the recent status updates tab, below any updates that have been provided by the user, there is a link with an arrow which says 'view all updates' - clicking this lists a bunch of user names replying to their own status (??) . clicking on these shows them as 'validators' as well as some 'unusual' looking weblinks in their status update boxes.

what is this about? - any cause for concern guys? (hacking etc)

Question to mod's please.

When viewing some peoples profiles (for example one of the main moderators here) under the recent status updates tab, below any updates that have been provided by the user, there is a link with an arrow which says 'view all updates' - clicking this lists a bunch of user names replying to their own status (??) . clicking on these shows them as 'validators' as well as some 'unusual' looking weblinks in their status update boxes.

what is this about? - any cause for concern guys? (hacking etc)

I have a button where I look any recent activity of all members.... I mostly look at the newer members and can tell right away if they are spammers and I close their accounts and remove the questionable links. If I don't do it..... This place would be covered with spam

I have a button where I look any recent activity of all members.... I mostly look at the newer members and can tell right away if they are spammers and I close their accounts and remove the questionable links. If I don't do it..... This place would be covered with spam

Cool, thanks for having a look. It was in your own profile I saw stuff that looked like links for hacking phones etc so was a bit concerning, plus I don't know what a 'validator' is and the avatars all appeared to be from a common geography. Good to know all is well. cheers Duane. [thumbup]

Archived