Gibson Brands Forums

les paul trad pro 11

sthowell

Purchased A LP Trad Pro 11 the nut is poorly cut on the e a d strings slots are too wide The nut has ridges on the slots top face and fretboard facing side The bass side shoulder is rounded off the treble side of nut is square and has what appears to be some kind of repair or overspray in an attempt to bring the nut flush with the neck binding either way it is not attached to the nut is not flush with the neck binding and is chipped The action measured 7/64th bass side at the 15th fret (capo-ed at 1st fret) and 5/64ths treble side The action is .019 but less than .020 measured at the 7th fret (capo-ed at 1st and fretted at 22 nd) The fret ends are sharp and the frets themselves aren't exactly smooth The intonation is off but until these issues are resolved its a non issue I sent Gibson an email of what I said here they haven't responded Does anyone have any suggestions as to getting a response from Gibson

or should I just send it back to MF I received this instrument 2-18-15

Thanks to all that reply

sthowell

Hello; I would take it back to the retailer first.

Either they will offer an instrument with correct finishings in replacement, or they can look to repair the nut. As it should be under warranty this should be covered, without additional cost to you.

• 2 months later...

Archived