Gibson Brands Forums

DR-500MCE Photo Share

fromnabulax

It would appear there are a few new DR-500mce fans in the last day or two. I thought it might be fun to have a bunch of us post ours in a central thread, along with what you use yours for.

Here's mine. I've owned it for about a year and have used it primarily as an outdoor plugged in acoustic. I have a EJ200CE I'll use in more rustic settings. I use this one where I am less likely to encounter accidental physical contact. Last season I used it as my go to acoustic for my weekly farmer's market gig, which is a regular 5 hour Saturday gig where I alternate between this and any number of electrics.

I used it at also at several restaurant sets as well.

PZv8QZL.jpg

My favorite with this one so far was at a very cold Christmas eve service I performed at a local barn. Surrounded by cattle, sheep, horses, llamas, goats, rabbits, cats and dogs, my priest served communion to more than 75 visitors as I accompanied her on original tunes, hymns and carols.

zvk4nDI.jpg

i would love to see some of yours...

Great looking guitar. Terrific picture of your playing at the Christmas service in the barn while your priest distributed Holy Communion. I will file that away in what's left of my brain and hope I get a chance to do a service like that. Thanks for sharing with us.

Steve

Archived