Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Studio Buckethead Signature fretboard size (help)

BucketRobot

Hello guys! Im planning to buy a new Gibson studio buckethead signature.. It has a ok price in my country and im a huge buckethead fan so im really looking forward to buy that guitar.

Although, I have some doubts about it . The size of fretboard and the tickness of the fretboard concerns me. My hands are a bit small not that small but just a bit small i can say mid/small sized. I head that most of the Gibson guitars have thick fretboard and not that ergonomic. High string-set up and stuff. How can i find out the measurement of this guitar ? I really wanna know if it fits to my hand i dont wanna have ergonomy issues .. Most people said that dont buy without try it but there is no way to find and play this guitar in my city. Anyone can help? Thx for reading :)

Hello and welcome to the Forums.

1.695"/2.339" are the width figures of fretboard at nut/end of the fretboard, respectively. It has a huge 27" scale-lenght, which means the frets are further away from each other, even more than on a Fender! That's an unique feature of the Buckethead Studio, just like the oversized body. I have no idea about the neck thickness, the specs page says "Custom Buckethead Profile".

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Buckethead-Les-Paul-Studio/Specs.aspx

1.795"/2.360" are the same figures for the new 2015 Studios. Please note, fretboards became wider this year! The scale-lenght is 24.75". Neck thickness is: .800" at 1st fret/.875" at 12th fret.

1.695"/2.260" are the fretboard width figures for the 2014 model year. The necks were thin "60s Slim Taper".

Cheers... Bence

Archived