Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Dirty Lemon Plus Top standard Pro

Nosrocketman

Hey peeps. I got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro for Christmas. I found out a few days ago that it was a Limited Edition model. I was wondering how many were produced. Also it was made in 2014. It's the Dirty Lemon colour too. I'm also in Canada.

Just looking for an approx. amount. Thanks for any info. Thanks!!

Hey peeps. I got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro for Christmas. I found out a few days ago that it was a Limited Edition model. I was wondering how many were produced. Also it was made in 2014. It's the Dirty Lemon colour too. I'm also in Canada.

Here is a picture of my guitar ,i like it alot .[thumbup] And welcome to this forum . There are a lot of nice people on this site .

Thanks Brad1. I was hoping it would be true. But sometimes things are too good to be true!

It still plays n sounds great! It was a good purchase over all. I have wanted a Gibson since I was a teenager. When I went shopping in December, I couldn't justify the extra $2000 for one. It would never leave the house with me at that price.

Really? Do you think so or know it for sure?

I don't know capmaster but I suspect he is right. At any event, I suspect thousands were produced and would be quickly reintroduced if they were to sell like hot cakes.

Welcome to the forum. [thumbup]

The limited edition stamp on an Epi means nothing. It's just a marketing ploy really.

How many were produced?

As many as they could sell I'm sure.

I agree. Then again, I buy guitars to play, not to hold as investments. Guitars are notoriously poor investments, unless you have one that is over 50 years old and is the correct name/model. That said, I do not care if the stamp is there or not. I have several "Special Editions". They are no better or worse that the other Epiphone Guitars I have. YMMV

I think the "Limited Edition" doesn't really mean too much. for example, the Allen Woody Rumblekat bass is a "Limited Edition" and they have been making them for at least the last 10 years. unless you have a limited number guitar with a COA that indicates 1 of ???? there are likely to be thousands upon thousands issued world wide.

The colour is what makes this a limited edition. Doesn't add anything to value or collectibility. It is one of my favourite colours for a LP. I had a similar one in trans amber. Looks great with black plastics too.

Archived