Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J15 extra specs

Lukeyp

Hi just got my J15 really enjoying it, just had a few questions. Thinking of changing the bridge pins anyone know the measurements or if there the same size as the j45? Also going to change the pick guard to more of a brown tortoise shell, anyone know if the j45 and j15 pick guards are the same size? By the looks of it the J15 pick guard may have a little larger sound hole radius as it shows the inner abalone roset where the j45 covers its inner (and only) roset. Finally can anyone recommend a good custom brown tortoise shell pick guard looking at terrapin although there brown celluloid material looks quite red has anyone used it?

Cheers

When I ordered mine it was the Gloss Tortoise Celluloid material. Don't be alarmed when it arrives. The material is somewhat translucent and has a yellow peel off backing. Before I stuck it down I peeled the yellow backing offand put it on the guitar with the glue side up. This gave me an idea of how it would look. My only regret is that I waited too long to change it out. I went with a different style pick guard and there is a foot print from the old one where they did not overlap.

chasAK

Archived