Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Masterbuilt

dkratz

I just bought an Epiphone DR-500MCE/NA that has the Nanoflex and Nanomag pickups. It sounds fantastic acoustically but when I plug it in either stereo or mono, the high E string is much louder than the rest....I mean way loud to the point I have to avoid hitting it. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I need to return it and get another one?

I have both a DR500 And an EJ200 which are both equipped with Nano Flex pickups and have not had that trouble.

You say you've tried it both with mono and stereo outputs, but have you isolated which pickup is acting weird? Is it the under saddle piezo or the magnetic neck pickup? It seems unlikely that both would have the same problem.

The Nano Flex control has a slider where you can isolate one pick up or the other, or blend them together. Try contacting Epiphone directly, but let them know which pickup is acting up.

The piezo which is located under your saddle may be improperly placed leading to an improper balance. It doesn't seem likely to be both, or the neck magnetic pickup.

I have both a DR500 And an EJ200 which are both equipped with Nano Flex pickups and have not had that trouble.

You say you've tried it both with mono and stereo outputs, but have you isolated which pickup is acting weird? Is it the under saddle piezo or the magnetic neck pickup? It seems unlikely that both would have the same problem.

The Nano Flex control has a slider where you can isolate one pick up or the other, or blend them together. Try contacting Epiphone directly, but let them know which pickup is acting up.

The piezo which is located under your saddle may be improperly placed leading to an improper balance. It doesn't seem likely to be both, or the neck magnetic pickup.

I know it sounds hard to believe, but it's both pickups. The Nanoflex is not near as loud as the Nanomag when I isolate it but the high E is too loud and it's even worse with the Nanomag.

Sounds like a preamp or a possible very long shot wiring harness issue . I've gone through several preamps along with the harnesses. The system is great when working but other wise very lightly built .

I'd pay to have this system built up proper with higher quality everything because to love the sound . anyway with that said report it see if you a local authorized shop that's keeps your guitar close other wise they send it off . they might replace it in store if was bought new .

In my neck of woods they only replace the whole system no parts mostly because of inconsistent components which I can personally say is true as I have dealed direct with shadow and have experienced it all . if I can be any other help let me know good luck.

Ags .

Archived