Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Faded Flying V on the way from eBay!

Guitar God

Got a Gibson Flying V on the way! It's a Faded Cherry one with Crescent Moon inlays and has the gig bag with it. Coming from eBay. Looks in great shape, too. Always wanted a Gibson Flying V since I started playing and finally getting one. [biggrin] Should be here this week sometime, so as soon as it gets here I'll post pictures. :)

Congrats on getting a Flying V!

I love mine, and think it may be my favorite guitar I own (hard to really decide sometimes!)

Many people say they aren't easy to play sitting down, but I find I can do so comfortably.

Enjoy!

Thanks! Always wanted a Gibson Flying V, especially a cherry one. I love mine! Plays and sounds great!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It arrived today! [biggrin] Going to restring I and play it. [biggrin] Here's a picture:

nBgZTm8.jpg

Oh wow! That is one nice guitar! The finish looks amazing too! Congrats on the Flying V! Back in December I was lucky enough to get a Gibson Flying V in classic white finish, it's also equipped with a Floyd Rose trem system and I love it! Gibsons + Whammy bars = :D It's one of my fav guitars lol! Those inlays on your V look so cool as well! Congrats on the great find!

Hey Guitar God - I spent some time disassembling, cleaning and setting up the one I got for my son last week and it is sweet! After playing with it I remember how great the combination of the 498/500 pickup set on that slab of Mahogany sounds. It can be very clean, articulate and powerful and become a nasty snarling beast with a slight twist of a volume knob. IMO these are some of the best sounding Gibsons ever made.

Giving it to him today (Can't wait!):)

V1_zpsumwueqf3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guitar God - I spent some time disassembling, cleaning and setting up the one I got for my son last week and it is sweet! After playing with it I remember how great the combination of the 498/500 pickup set on that slab of Mahogany sounds. It can be very clean, articulate and powerful and become a nasty snarling beast with a slight twist of a volume knob. IMO these are some of the best sounding Gibsons ever made.

Giving it to him today (Can't wait!):)

V1_zpsumwueqf3.jpg

I agree! They are fantastic guitars! I love the 500T/496R's in mine, too. Glad you and your son like it! [thumbup]

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased the same kind of axe 2 weeks ago, and what a beast it is. I saw the one you purchased. I was going to buy it but by the time I got some money, you had already bought it. If you ever want to sell it, I'll buy it.

I purchased the same kind of axe 2 weeks ago, and what a beast it is. I saw the one you purchased. I was going to buy it but by the time I got some money, you had already bought it. If you ever want to sell it, I'll buy it.

Really? The same one on eBay I got? There was a few Faded Cherry Gibson Flying V's one eBay when I got mine, but I can't remember if there were any other ones with Crescent Moon inlays. They are amazing guitars. Sorry, NO WAY! Not parting with mine.

• 2 months later...

Really? The same one on eBay I got? There was a few Faded Cherry Gibson Flying V's one eBay when I got mine, but I can't remember if there were any other ones with Crescent Moon inlays. They are amazing guitars. Sorry, NO WAY! Not parting with mine.

Lol. I know what you mean and can't say I blame you. And yes, there were three of them on eBay of which I bought two, and ran out of money when the one you have came up, else I'd have bought that one too. These models with the crescent moons on them are rarer than chicken teeth and impossible to find, and of course the value and demand for them is going through the roof. I paid $800 for one, and $650 for the other. I can now sell either of them for $1800. That's what I call a real investment!! Enjoy!! And PS, Remember, I'm still in the market for another one.

Archived