Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - 2009 Epi Wildkat

Hege

A flaming kitty came into my life today.

http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/pmcrush/library/2009%20Epi%20Wildkat

I never got along with my Epi Dot, my Buddy thought his Wildkat was too heavy, and didn't care for the P90 sound.

Trade we did. I spent an hour on the setup, strings, intonation, getting the relief right, and the string height where I like it.

I gotta say, this thing rocks. The tone is, for lack of better words , EDGY and FAT. I like it. A little more bite to it. compared to say the dual HBs setup in my LP Studio. I also like the location for the master volume, that's pretty handy.

I'd have to say the 'Kat tone out of the box, fits my style a bit more than the "Dot" sound, out of the box. Plus I like the extra weight, and it feels like a hollow LP did I mention?

Hege

New ax congrats!

I never got along with my Epi Dot, my Buddy thought his Wildkat was too heavy, and didn't care for the P90 sound.

My Dot seems heavy to me, haha.

Nicely flamed. Is that amber or antique natural (or something else)?

Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on the new Wildkat! [thumbup]

I recently got one that looks just like yours. Fun to play aint it?

They sound great and they look superb!!

20150301_121153_1.jpg

20150301_121529.jpg

New ax congrats!

My Dot seems heavy to me, haha.

Nicely flamed. Is that amber or antique natural (or something else)?

Its sort of a buttery amber color, I would say lightly flamed. I see what looks identical on amazon.

When he picked up the Dot he was like "Whoa, this doesn't weight anything!" He is a big dude. Retired Firefighter. Here's a shout out for all those guys, too.

Hege

Happy NGD! I just got the wine red version for myself -- impeccably made guitar and I TOTALLY dig the stock P90's...fat, punchy, jazzy, they really do it all!

yep

no wine red here...yetmsp_smile.gif

I also really like playing, and looking at the Spear LP msp_smile.gifmsp_smile.gif

GEDC0413_zpsa06f1712.jpg

yep

no wine red here...yetmsp_smile.gif

I also really like playing, and looking at the Spear LP msp_smile.gifmsp_smile.gif

GEDC0413_zpsa06f1712.jpg

Those are all some real beauties...and I'm crazy jealous of that aged tiger finish Wildkat! They really should consider making those a standard finish instead of Limited Edition, they're so classy!

Archived