Gibson Brands Forums

Whats the best valued Gibson acoustic?

slimt

Title says all.. in your opinion.. what is the best value for your Buck for a new Gibson acoustic? Doesnt have to be a Highend Gibson either.. Just a all around Quality Gibson Acoustic..

Ill be buying 1 more Gibson and that will be it..

You're already versed in Gibson so if the J-45's aren't doing it for you probably nothing will. I think the J-45 Standard is the best bang for the buck. Otherwise the J-15 is a great guitar for the money. However you've got great 45's and I'm not a "bang-for-the-buck" guy. Just best guitar.

"Value" is a high quality and low cost. I think Bozeman quality is excellent, and the prices are competitive for similar guitars produced by other companies. So, if Quality is, more or less a constant - Price becomes the focus. Price is more variable, based on materials and labor. What you call 'high end" are so because of ore desirable materials and/or the use of more highly paid craftsmen. So, if you are looking for 'value' with a focus on price, you would have to look at Taylor or TakeMine. Since you stipulate your search is within Gibson's models - the least expensive would satisfy that.

It might be you should change your 'search criteria' to find the model that will give you a different type of guitar. Bigger, smaller, different wood, body shape, neck size... G'Luck.

Looking at covering Gibson bases - I have a J-50, J-200 and LG-2 in the house. If I had to pick one other Gibson 6 string to give me a full house, it would probably be a Hummingbird. Whether they are a great value for the money I do not have a clue, as I think most guitars are overpriced for what they are. Nothing I can do about it though other than to buy used.

I loved the J45TVs and the Southern Jumbo TVs.

Best bang for the buck though? If I were going to pick out just one Gibson, it very well might be the Sweetwater model I referenced in another thread. Where as the J45TV MAPS at $3499, this J45 Vintage Sunburst VOS MAPS at $2,699, so I am guessing the street price is $2300 or so/

That model has electronics, a red spruce top, pearl button Klusons, bone nut and saddle.... It's lie it s a J45 Standard but with the "upgraded top" and all the vintage looks we all seem to lime on the TVs and Vintage models.

Value wise the J180 I recently obtained is a very nice guitar and you can usually find one at a decent price. Sometimes the Harley Davidson models pop up very reasonably.

I would say a 97 Gibson EC30BKE ..... Ebony bridge and fingeboard and enough flamed maple to start a fire.... Great capo guitar and it's my work-horse ..... I see these guitars go for $1200 in good condition.... I still cant figure out why these guitars are at a low price

IMG_6276_zpsde428b76.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps6df4135f.jpg

Let's see ….I think one could say these two Martin and Gibson guitars are similar in specifications and similar prices. The difference is that Martin also has some other cheaper offerings that sound pretty good…..I think D-18 may have the edge over Gibson, and the J-15 over the Martin. I must say…that J-15 is quite a deal!!

1. Martin Standard Series D-18 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar

$2,249.00 MSRP: $2,999.00

Gibson J-45 Standard Acoustic-Electric Guitar

$2,199.00 MSRP: $2,836.00

2. Gibson J-15 Acoustic-Electric Guitar

$1,499.00 MSRP:$2,094.00

Martin D-16GT Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar

$1,249.00 MSRP:$1,649.00

Let's see ….I think one could say these two Martin and Gibson guitars are similar in specifications and similar prices. The difference is that Martin also has some other cheaper offerings that sound pretty good…..I think D-18 may have the edge over Gibson, and the J-15 over the Martin. I must say…that J-15 is quite a deal!!

1. Martin Standard Series D-18 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar

$2,249.00 MSRP: $2,999.00

Gibson J-45 Standard Acoustic-Electric Guitar

$2,199.00 MSRP: $2,836.00

2. Gibson J-15 Acoustic-Electric Guitar

$1,499.00 MSRP:$2,094.00

Martin D-16GT Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar

$1,249.00 MSRP:$1,649.00

"... a new GIBSON acoustic..."

"... already have 2 Gibson J45 Legends..."

+1 for the Workhorse.

I'd also mention the J-35. All the ones I've played sound excellent, the understated vintage character is great, you get the TV bracing, and you can save $500 over the Standard. Awesome value.

+1 for the Workhorse.

I'd also mention the J-35. All the ones I've played sound excellent, the understated vintage character is great, you get the TV bracing, and you can save $500 over the Standard. Awesome value.

What he said; J45 & J35 for sure

Archived