Gibson Brands Forums

NGD non Gibson

Dave F

Was away on a short vacation this weekend. Picked these two out of a private collection of 130 that was being sold off for an estate.

The one standing up is an '84 custom HD28, German Spruce top, Brazilian b&s, forwarded shifted x-bracing. Played very lightly

The one laying down is a '96 HD-40 Marty Stuart. Unplayed condition.

2DBF6DA9-DBB5-4BD4-A9B6-B962870F368C_zpszycnalx2.jpg

'Was going to ask how the pricing was on the Whole Lotta Wood for Sale Craigslisting, but if you came home with two special Martins (one Brazilian), it couldn't have been that bad. Everything ok on the Brz?

They must've been giving away those Takamines as door prizes (?) Congrats.

'Was going to ask how the pricing was on the Whole Lotta Wood for Sale Craigslisting, but if you came home with two special Martins (one Brazilian), it couldn't have been that bad. Everything ok on the Brz?

This was a different sale. Spent too much at this one to look at the other one

Congrats, Dave F. Both, are beautiful in the picture for certain. No Gibsons of interest in the collection I take it? How about a little more on the custom HD 28 when you get a chance. Again, well done

steve.

Congrats, Dave F. Both, are beautiful in the picture for certain. No Gibsons of interest in the collection I take it? How about a little more on the custom HD 28 when you get a chance. Again, well done

steve.

A 1952 ES-175 was the only gibson guitar left

He has a few Gibson mandolins and banjos

He was just getting a group of 30+ fiddles appraised

Nice pic. A couple of beauties - very nice Martins.

Love the inlays on the MS.

A bit of an odd local for a couple of those pics (wash machine?). Is that a torch or extinguisher? . . [confused]

Congrats and enjoy.

Those were taken by the gentleman liquidating the estate. Can't comment on them.

The Brz has three very small slits started on the back that I will have fixed so they do not open up. The frets have very minor wear that I will have dressed. Neck angle is perfect. Rest of the guitar looks perfect.

Was away on a short vacation this weekend. Picked these two out of a private collection of 130 that was being sold off for an estate.

The one standing up is an '84 custom HD28, German Spruce top, Brazilian b&s, forwarded shifted x-bracing. Played very lightly

The one laying down is a '96 HD-40 Marty Stuart. Unplayed condition.

2DBF6DA9-DBB5-4BD4-A9B6-B962870F368C_zpszycnalx2.jpg

If that's what a 'short vacation' brings, I can't wait to see what happens on your long vacation.....

Congratulations!

BluesKing777.

steve.

Steve,

I put the HD in the shop this weekend. Since you're close to me you may know Jamon Zeiler. He was blown away with the guitar.

From what we could tell the guitar looks like it was custom ordered with some of the '30's specs

Brazilian Rosewood B&S. Jamon said this one had the very desirable cuts.

German Spruce top.

Bar frets

Vee neck

Open Grover tuners

X-scallop forward shifted

1.75" nut

He's going to secure 3 starting splits on the back, dress the frets and steam press the neck to adjust the relief since it does not have an adjustable truss rod. I may have to get it x-rayed to see if it even has a t-bar or anything in the neck

If you make it over to GC while he's there and the guitar is at the store, tell him I said you can play it.

Steve,

I put the HD in the shop this weekend. Since you're close to me you may know Jamon Zeiler. He was blown away with the guitar.

From what we could tell the guitar looks like it was custom ordered with some of the '30's specs

Brazilian Rosewood B&S. Jamon said this one had the very desirable cuts.

German Spruce top.

Bar frets

Vee neck

Open Grover tuners

X-scallop forward shifted

1.75" nut

He's going to secure 3 starting splits on the back, dress the frets and steam press the neck to adjust the relief since it does not have an adjustable truss rod. I may have to get it x-rayed to see if it even has a t-bar or anything in the neck

If you make it over to GC while he's there and the guitar is at the store, tell him I said you can play it.

Thank you Dave. The HD caught my eye for sure. Not likely I'll be across the river to the GC, but I sure appreciate the consideration.

edit: Or, if you meant Florence GC then, hmm! I would let you know were I headed that way.

Steve

Archived