Gibson Brands Forums

Jimmy Page's problems with his neighbour

IanHenry

It seems Jimmy Page is having problems with his neighbour Robbie Williams. Obviously the neighbourhood is in decline!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2974561/Rock-n-roll-neighbour-row-heats-Led-Zeppelin-s-Jimmy-Page-hires-architects-say-Robbie-Williams-basement-pool-destroy-house.html

Obviously not a Whole Lotta Love here.

Ian

Sounds like a nice problem to have...

The planet seems to be getting over-crowded at times and does make me happy with my semi-rural locale that prohibits me from seeing my neighbor's houses when the leaves are on the trees in the spring and summer months...

I've never heard of Robbie Williams and suspect I really don't care...

So what does he do all day alone in a 46 room house?

(this is my '52 LP room, this is my '53 LP room, this is my '54 LP room, this is my...wait up!, what's this Danelectro doing in here?...)

I propose a duel - whereby they slap each other across the cheek (upper or lower) with silk handkerchiefs until one or the other submits.

:rolleyes:

what people in housing estates, let alone developing nations, would make of this...

I'm still trying to get my head around what he would do in a 46 room house.

"Whoo hoo! as of yesterday, I now hold the record for j#####g off in every room in this house. I win!... I'm the king of the hill!! Yeah! whoo hoo, alright..ok...so...what's next?"

lol

Sounds like a nice problem to have...

The planet seems to be getting over-crowded at times and does make me happy with my semi-rural locale that prohibits me from seeing my neighbor's houses when the leaves are on the trees in the spring and summer months...

I've never heard of Robbie Williams and suspect I really don't care...

lol !, nah ... just another pop idol...

I'm still trying to get my head around what he would do in a 46 room house.

"Whoo hoo! as of yesterday, I now hold the record for j#####g off in every room in this house. I win!... I'm the king of the hill!! Yeah! whoo hoo, alright..ok...so...what's next?"

lol

Dust and Vacuum all day. I never did get the point of "en suit bathrooms", it just seems like more to clean to me.

Ian

It is actually a little more complicated than that.

Page's property is The Tower House, an unique listed (by English Heritage) building of national historical importance.

He will be responsible for the (huge) bills if anything goes wrong.

In a listed building, any repairs/modifications have to be in keeping with the original style and use as near as possible to the same materials.

I know it's millionaire-only problems but JP does have a good point.

I don't know if the same goes for the UK, but here in the US if you live in a building that is on the National Register of Historic Places (or whatever its called) you get a nice tax break so as to help you with the upkeep etc.

I think a lot of people have problems with Robbie Williams and they don't even live next door to him. Mr. Page should try and get him evicted for attempting to ruin an English heritage building; as well as English musical heritage [biggrin]

I think a lot of people have problems with Robbie Williams and they don't even live next door to him. Mr. Page should try and get him evicted for attempting to ruin an English Heritage building; as well as English musical heritage [biggrin]

and multiple fashion crimes!

Archived