Gibson Brands Forums

1917 Gibson L-1 Photos

RevDavidLee

This is the same shop that has the other vintage Gibson that I posted pictures of recently. And he wants $1800 for this guitar. (+ 6% sales tax). Too much for my wallet. Anyway thought you would enjoy photos of this very vintage 1917 Gibson L-1. In darn good shape for it's age with the exception of an obvious major repair on the back of the body (see the full length crack where the bottom piece of wood was glued back on - and there is a ridge where the crack is so it's not just an appearance thing, you can feel the ridge line easily.) Still all in all - she played very well and sounds vintage - nice warm tone. Here's the pics for your enjoyment:

GibsonL1_zps6t2vtuqj.jpg

GibsonL1b_zpsx18zvenb.jpg

GibsonL1c_zps3jossagh.jpg

GibsonL1f_zpsoj2ykchq.jpg

GibsonL1d_zpsfzodmysu.jpg

GibsonL1e_zpselumhvbh.jpg

Thanks Rev! Always good to see some pics of a sweet, vintage Gibson [thumbup] Is the finish on it original?

As far as I could tell the finish is original as there are marred areas and scuffs and such on the guitar that don't show up in the pictures. Its like everything that comes along lately is $1800. Jeez. [unsure]

[smile]

Dave, nice to see a couple old Gibsons that one does not see often. Are these at our friend Trent's place? Nice to hear from you and hope you are doing well.

Thanks John

My long lost brother John! [smile]

No sir they're at Crazy Horse Guitars over by Drake, Trent did stop in there while I was there though to chat & catch up on stuff. I asked him about his sales of 2015 Gibsons while he was there & he said nobody wants them. Go figure. Good to hear from you! [thumbup]

Archived