Gibson Brands Forums

Blues King L-00 Tuner Change

northcntryblues

Hi all, has anyone changed the tuners on their Blues King? Don't get me wrong - I LOVE my one and only guitar, but I have always loved the look of white button tuners on a Gibson L-00. Anyone have experience with this and know what tuners would work best on my guitar? I would have a professional install them. Thanks in advance.

I would hunt down Kluson three on a plate reproductions, as these are replicas of L00 original equip. I don't know if you'll find open back machines, though. Can't you simply have the buttons changed at your music shop? It'll save you a hundred bucks. Can you send a pic of your current tuners?

I would hunt down Kluson three on a plate reproductions, as these are replicas of L00 original equip. I don't know if you'll find open back machines, though. Can't you simply have the buttons changed at your music shop? It'll save you a hundred bucks. Can you send a pic of your current tuners?

They are the stock mini nickel Grovers. You can see the specs and a pic here:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Small-Body/Gibson-Acoustic/Blues-King/Specs.aspx

Archived