Gibson Brands Forums

Best.TVShow.EVER.

rct

p0247ttc.jpg

Made it to the end tonight without a spoiler. Ordered the book tonight too but have to wait for it to come to America. Awesome. For a country that is constantly flogged for their food MAN them fukkin Limes can bake.

rct

Lol..

Yes I can just imagine you in an apron (with the union jack on it) slaving over a hot stove [rolleyes] ;)

Nowt wrong with the food here.. maybe apart from the average standard of meat could be better... I have been too big meat countries like Australia and South Africa and the meat there is amazing.

But yes.. we do biscuits and cakes REALLY well :D (as my stomach can attest too)

I have watched that show too... Its good.. but our version of Masterchef is also better... None of that American overhyping everything style..

I'm afraid England/Britain is just like any other country...you need to know where to go to eat..I think we actually have some of the best restaurants in the world if you research it.....and also no doubt some of the worst !

Hello!

If You stay away from those fancy restaurants, where they serve such a ...whatever... as main dish for über-expensive prices...

Michelin%20csillag022_large.jpg

...You can't go wrong in Hungary.

This is a proper Fish-paprikás with mushrooms:

9023_gombashal.jpg

Cheers... Bence

I used to wonder why the British were so enthralled and taken in by French cuisine.

Then I tasted English food.

I think the idea that British food is bad and always overcooked is a little outdated, my grandparents generation did that. Nowadays food is an obsession over here, every other TV program is a "celebrity" chef, often traveling the world looking at different cuisine around the world. One commentator said that "food is the new Rock and Roll", he may not be far from the truth.

Without whishing to start a bun fight (if you'll forgive the pun), on my travels without doubt the worst food that I've ever tasted has been in the U.S (although I've only toured around the West Coast and the Deep South), most of the restaurants wouldn't survive in Europe. Hang on, maybe I'll take that bit back, McDonalds have, God only knows why!

Ian

... most of the restaurants wouldn't survive in Europe. Hang on, maybe I'll take that bit back, McDonalds have, God only knows why!

Ian

Hello Ian!

Well...

It's not a restaurant, rather an experimental weapon of mass-destruction.

Knowing how desperate the EU is about over-regulating everything, I wonder how can these units operate here at all! I have no idea how they can conform to all these EU standards.

Cheers... Bence

I don't like to watch people prepare food when I can't eat it! [razz]

Has anyone here seen the 2001 German film 'Mostly Martha'? It's main protagonist (Martha) is a top-flight, perfectionist workaholic chef in a 5-star restaurant.

The best bit of advice I received was "Don't go to see this film on an empty stomach..........it'll be unbearable"....

Good film, too!

Pip.

Has anyone here seen the 2001 German film 'Mostly Martha'? It's main protagonist (Martha) is a top-flight, perfectionist workaholic chef in a 5-star restaurant.

The best bit of advice I received was "Don't go to see this film on an empty stomach..."....

Good film, too!

Pip.

Hello Pippy!

"Le Grande Bouffe".

Prime example why I like classic French movies. (Even though it's an Italian-French cooperation).

Cheers... Bence

Archived