Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson LP 2016 details leaked??

Rabs

You guys are bad... No wait, mean is a better word... How would you like it if Gibson started making fun of you guitars or the way you play to you friends. Just sayin'...

That's what they are doing at the moment. They try to make all of my "old" Gibbys seem obsolete.

Now the empire of Gibson players strikes back! [biggrin]

That's what they are doing at the moment. They try to make all of my "old" Gibbys seem obsolete.

Now the empire of Gibson players strikes back! [biggrin]

Hello Capmaster!

If You don't mind, I have to disagree. They are making all these pre-2015 guitars collector's items.

By the way, those who dislike the new features, still can go to Custom Shop. Buy Reissues, You luddites! [-(

;)

Cheers... Bence

Hello Capmaster!

If You don't mind, I have to disagree. They are making all these pre-2015 guitars collector's items.

By the way, those who dislike the new features, still can go to Custom Shop. Buy Reissues, You luddites! [-(

;)

Cheers... Bence

I think it's both - they make them collector's items by depicting them as outdated. I guess we are deniers of progress... :unsure:

I do believe everything they are doing in Memphis is the way it always has been, and the Traditional being built in Nashville is for the most part similar to models pre 2014/2015, so for the most part I am ok with those as new guitar purchase options.

I heard it also comes with a replaceable body and headstock too (it's just a rumor though).

Guitar-Hero-5.jpg

I think that's actually quite cool.. Its giving me some crazy ideas :unsure: :)

I've just looked at the Rocksmith page Link and it looks ok. Has anyone used it? does it work?

I knew this day would come, didn't expect it that soon.

Well I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

A guy who started playing past his 30's with an LPJ plugged into a Micro Terror with 12 inch cab can't expect to get much respect

on a forum where so much experience and wisdom is around anyway.

So I think there's nothing to lose.

Anyway the first pic for those who arent familiar with video games is a Guitar Hero gamecontroler could be rockband too in don't know it for sure.

Rocksmith is a different concept in totality.

The first time I walked into a store and saw the Guitar Hero game I thought: hey what's that let's try.

I have to admit I am a gamer, but I didn't like the game. Liked lot's of the songs that you could "play" on it, but I always felt like an idiot with that small superlight toyguitar hanging from my shoulder.

And I thought why the hell don't they do it with a real guitar, that would make it much more interesting and the kids (and people like me) could actualy learn to play on a real guitar.

I was stupid not to make a patent on that idea because for my surprise a few years later I found Rocksmith in the stores.

And now that I have tested it I only can encourage people to try it.

I think for a virtuoso it will be maybe silly or a waste of time.

But for those who want to try a new funny way to learn song's, well give it a try.

Also I would see this as the perfect gift for kids who like to play videogames, in realy short time a kid will develope some serious skills.

It is good to create a basic knowledge of how a guitar works and to make your hands go to the right spot on the fretboard.

It's not a substitute for guitar lessons, but it is a realy funny and entertaining starting point.

And there a realy good technique lessons, really no joke.

And also you can experiment around with different Amp's, pedals and cabinet's of course it's not the real deal but it's an interesting simulation. You can even change the mic position in front of the cab. I have to say The Marshall's sound marshall-ish and the Orange's sound orange-ish. And there's a whole lot of other brand's simulated but some seem not to have give permission to display their brand-names.

I have the 2014 version and like it.

Like I said, you can learn song's (sometimes you can even discover some interesting band's), and there are the lessons.

That's what I personally like the most.

There are some funny minigames too that will improve your skills, for example one is called scale racers where you have to control a car (playing scales) on the highway while youre chased buy the police.

Another one where you have to shoot zombies by playing chords.

And the session mode wher you can jam with a virtual band.

I think the best will be to post some videos.

Here a good example of one song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dg31urmbK0

session Mode (with virtual band):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg6wHIijYrw

Archived