Gibson Brands Forums

David Gilmour Announces European Tour

Rabs

( I know though, this show will be very much in demand :( )

David Gilmour has announced a handful of concert dates in Europe for September. The eight-day trek kicks off in Pula, Croatia, on Sept. 12, and wraps up with a three-night residence at London’s Royal Albert Hall on Sept. 23, 24, and 25. The tour is in support of Gilmour’s forthcoming solo album, which has yet to be titled. Discussing the album last fall, Gilmour said, “It’s coming along very well. There are some sketches that aren’t finished and some will be started again. There’s a few months work in it yet; I’m hoping to get it out this following year. Then I’m hoping to do an old man’s tour, not a 200-date sort of thing.” The guitarist’s last solo album was the 2006 release, On An Island.

Tour dates

Sep 12: Croatia - Pula, Arena Pula

Sep 14: Italy - Verona, Verona Arena

Sep 15: Italy - Florence, Teatro Le Mulina

Sep 17: France - Orange, Theatre Antique

Sep 19: Germany - Oberhausen, Konig-Pilsener-Arena

Sep 23: UK - London, Royal Albert Hall

Sep 24: UK - London, Royal Albert Hall

Sep 25: UK - London, Royal Albert Hall

The 2006 tour was splendid with many wondrous and melodic solos still wafting through my weary old brain cells. Should be quite interesting.

Yeah.. well I saw him once with Floyd in 1994 I think (could have been 95) and ive always loved what he does... But its only say over the last 5-6 years that ive really started to admire him to the point where he is now one of my favourite guitarists in the world... I just cant miss this...

Unfortunately getting tickets for any big gig these days is some what of a crap shoot.

To see this live would just blow my mind :)

Guest Farnsbarns

Farns??? :unsure: :) ( I know though, this show will be very much in demand :( )

David Gilmour has announced a handful of concert dates in Europe for September. The eight-day trek kicks off in Pula, Croatia, on Sept. 12, and wraps up with a three-night residence at London’s Royal Albert Hall on Sept. 23, 24, and 25. The tour is in support of Gilmour’s forthcoming solo album, which has yet to be titled. Discussing the album last fall, Gilmour said, “It’s coming along very well. There are some sketches that aren’t finished and some will be started again. There’s a few months work in it yet; I’m hoping to get it out this following year. Then I’m hoping to do an old man’s tour, not a 200-date sort of thing.” The guitarist’s last solo album was the 2006 release, On An Island.

Tour dates

Sep 12: Croatia - Pula, Arena Pula

Sep 14: Italy - Verona, Verona Arena

Sep 15: Italy - Florence, Teatro Le Mulina

Sep 17: France - Orange, Theatre Antique

Sep 19: Germany - Oberhausen, Konig-Pilsener-Arena

Sep 23: UK - London, Royal Albert Hall

Sep 24: UK - London, Royal Albert Hall

Sep 25: UK - London, Royal Albert Hall

Shhh. I'll let you know in about late June/July.

C'mon Rabs, Dave, the RAH? Doesn't get any better than that eh. You've gotta go! You'll kick yourself if you don't.

;^)

Ohh.. I will be trying.. you can be sure of that.. Unless the tickets are so stupidly priced that it prevents me.

I got to see him in '84 I believe, on the "About Face" tour. Saw him at the Tower Theatre, in Upper Darby, Pa. great show. was about 10 rows out on the right side. I'd love to get to see him again someday, but that probably won't happen.

Archived