Gibson Brands Forums

Firebird help

A_G

Hey all you gibson lovers,

I have recently purchased (jumped the gun a little perhaps) a 2012 Firebird Tribute and am after some advice in terms of a rebuild. The guitar I brought is the pictured one, so it's just a body and neck at the moment.

I'm going to get some Lace Nitro-Hemi mini humbuckers for the pickups, and some 500k pots to go with them. If anyone can recommend some tuning pegs, or let me know if just a standard bridge and tail stop piece would fit, I'd be greatly appreciative.

The guitar is still on it's way, but it also looks like I may have to drill a hole for the toggle switch and the humbuckers mounting ring set.

My current shopping list for this guitar is tuning pegs, pickups, a wiring kit (which includes pots and a toggle switch), knobs, a bridge and tail stop piece, and a jack. Is there anything I'm overlooking, or a place I should be looking to buy from?

Thank you for any help, any advice is good advice for me!

post-71018-011120000 1425674905_thumb.jpg

post-71018-027365700 1425674932_thumb.jpg

post-71018-096670600 1425674979_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The pickup selector (toggle) switch hole is already present at the forward end of the pickguard.

Looks like a fun project. If you shop for separate components, I recently installed a couple of Emerson Pro CTS pots in two Carvin guitars; I typically go to Bourns pots for replacements/repairs, but decided to try the Emersons as they have heavier (brass) shafts and bushings, making them a bit more noticeable when rolling. Recommended for feel alone.

Archived