Gibson Brands Forums

LES PAUL SHRED STUDIO WITH FLOYD ROSE

lolo_guitar

hi

i have found this guitar

preview.jpg

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gibson-Shred-Les-Paul-Studio-Floyd-Rose-Heritage-Cherry-Sunburst/172Z

i think i can change my guitar to this model

but i read that "The 22-fret fingerboard is crafted from Richlite®, a fabricated material composed of cellulose fiber and phenolic resin, which offers the constructional and resonant properties of fine hardwood, but with improved durability, for a superb playing feel. It carries traditional acrylic trapezoid inlays, and remains unbound, in keeping with the Studio ethos.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Shred-Les-Paul-Studio.aspx

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Shred-Les-Paul-Studio/Specs.aspx

i just want the guitar with the new color = sunburst

have you an opinion about this? except it's not an axcess

-richlite and so, different like standard LP

-no Grover tuners

-not split for pickups?

thanks!

you will tell me his answer

it's a limited yes !!

the color is beautiful

i own a sg with 490

here this guitar has a 490r too

is it really different from a classic 57?

which pickup would give me the brightest clean sound?

57 vs 490

thanks!

you will tell me his answer

it's a limited yes !!

the color is beautiful

i own a sg with 490

here this guitar has a 490r too

is it really different from a classic 57?

which pickup would give me the brightest clean sound?

57 vs 490

57s get hot enough for me. i have 57s in my LP. i like playing pantera and metallica for example. those pickups work just fine without being overkill.

and about the Richlite thing...that is odd. maybe Richlite is going to replace all of the fingerboards on gibsons? now they can make different colors? (gulp! [huh] )

i don't know

i have good sound but a little bit jazz blues and dark with a sg with 490 in the neck position

with my Epiphone with classic 57, it's different, a little bit more trebles but my guitar is not easy to play

so, it depends on the guitar and the pickups and electronics:)

About the classic 57, i can say that John Sykes uses this pickup (in the neck position and maybe for the both positions) and he plays fast :) and the sound is warm

so good !

hi

i have found this guitar

but i read that "The 22-fret fingerboard is crafted from Richlite®, a fabricated material composed of cellulose fiber and phenolic resin, which offers the constructional and resonant properties of fine hardwood, but with improved durability, for a superb playing feel. It carries traditional acrylic trapezoid inlays, and remains unbound, in keeping with the Studio ethos.

-no Grover tuners

-not split for pickups?

[mellow] What's the question?

hello

i would like to know if this guitar will have a sound close to a LP standard or not

and

it seems that the 490r does not have a brighter sound (i have it too wih a sg special)

if i want more trebles, a brighter sound, would it be good to put

a sh1

pearly gates

burstbucker pro

classic 57?

i like sustain too, mix between blues and fast notes like heavy metal or shred

About the classic 57, i can say that John Sykes uses this pickup (in the neck position and maybe for the both positions) and he plays fast :) and the sound is warm

so good !

Hello!

In both positions on His black Norlin Custom.

He had Dirty Fingers in bridge position, but it died. Then the pickups were replaced with 57 Classics.

Cheers... Bence

hello

i would like to know if this guitar will have a sound close to a LP standard or not

and

it seems that the 490r does not have a brighter sound (i have it too wih a sg special)

a sh1

pearly gates

burstbucker pro

classic 57?

Hello!

The 490R is brighter than the 57 Classics, by not that much, though. I have them both, and they are both good for the purpose You have described. I, - personally - think that the latter is more versatile, but that's very subjective.

I suspect, - even considering the all-mahogany construction of an SG - there is something else in Your setup, that makes 490R sound less bright. They bite in my all-maple L6S.

I would play more with amp settings and such, before swapping a 490R to a presumably less brighter pickup, like the 57s.

Gibson-Pickup-Output-guide.jpg

Cheers... Bence

are you sure that he played with His black Norlin Custom.?

he is famous because of his black custom les paul too

i have never seen him playing with another guitar

my guitar is a SG NEW CENTURY WITH 490 AND 498T (or 490t)

and i can't say it is bright

it's not a bright sound

it was made for jazz blues, warm sound

i think the C57 is different : listen to this

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/tone-hunting-0309-2011.aspx

but it's hard to answer, it depends on the guitar

is there a difference between les paul studio /les paul standard?

about the sound

are you sure that he played with His black Norlin Custom.?

Hello!

I was talking about His no. 1:

mainlpcustom.gif

...but He had a few more 70s Customs: another black with golden pickup surrounds, and a cream one.

Also, not mentioning other brands, He has an original '59:

sykes59lp.jpg

...and a Gary Rossington signature model too.

Cheers... Bence

les paul studio shred vs les paul standard axcess

=

same sound ?

Well, two guitars of same make will hardly have exactly the same sound, but I can say the following: My Alex Lifeson LP Axcess sounds much closer to my Gibson LP Standards, Traditional, and my Epiphone LP 1960 Tribute than to any other guitar, and vice versa. Slim body, Axcess profile and belly scarf don't affect tone that much obviously.

and les paul shred studio vs les paul standard?:-)

i want to say that there is problem with floyd rose too and some people put a TREMSETTER

= more tension

but the bends will be better without wrong notes

floyd rose is very cool but not perfect

It's best to check out for yourself. My hardtail LPs have '57, '57+, BB 2 or BB Pro Bridge in their bridge positions, and my Alex Lifeson Axcess came with the 498T. They all are fine, so I left them all stock.

hi

i have found this guitar

preview.jpg

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gibson-Shred-Les-Paul-Studio-Floyd-Rose-Heritage-Cherry-Sunburst/172Z

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Shred-Les-Paul-Studio.aspx

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Shred-Les-Paul-Studio/Specs.aspx

-no Grover tuners

-not split for pickups?

I have never seen one in that color, I have only seen them in black and vintage burst.

I have one, got it about a year ago. I haven't had any problems with the Floyd Rose. The Richlite board has been stable, it reminds me of the composite boards on my Parkers. Regular tuners shouldn't be an issue because once you lock the nut you are more dependent on FRs fine tuners. There is no split for the pickups.

I like them, but if I were worried about sounding exactly like a standard then I'd have saved up for the standard. [wink]

yes man

i read that the studio has less basses than the standard

so i think the axcess will be the best for me

i just really don't know is the "axcess" has less "big sounds " vs the standard just because the silhouette of the axcess:)) is different (less wood)

a different weight

for me, the perfect guitar would be the double cut les paul + floyd rose but i think it will be complicated

and it's the same thing, i don'"t know how it will sound vs a standard:))

the think that i don't like is that the axcess model is for rich :)

or men who buy R8, R7, R9 :) too

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1426058063[/url]' post='1638559']

hello

and

a sh1

pearly gates

burstbucker pro

classic 57?

Find an original jcm800...a tube screamer.......treble to taste........yer there

Archived