Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup ID help

maertz13

I had a coworker trade me a bridge pickup for lunch. all soldered in, sounds great. trouble is I have no idea what it is.

the DC resistance is about 15.6k. uncovered. stamped with the new gibson base plate. 2 conductor.

according to the gibson site, they don't offer anything that hot. what could I possibly be looking at here? the 500T is rated at 11.4. the new dirty fingers is labeled as such. the previous owner casually said "oh it came out of something..."

either way, it sounds great. just curious to know what I've got

thanks!

I had a coworker trade me a bridge pickup for lunch. all soldered in, sounds great. trouble is I have no idea what it is.

the DC resistance is about 15.6k. uncovered. stamped with the new gibson base plate. 2 conductor.

according to the gibson site, they don't offer anything that hot. what could I possibly be looking at here? the 500T is rated at 11.4. the new dirty fingers is labeled as such. the previous owner casually said "oh it came out of something..."

either way, it sounds great. just curious to know what I've got

thanks!

I don't know the answer to your question but welcome to the forum. There are awesome people here with a wealth of knowledge.

it is already installed, and unfortunately in an SG. i'd have to take the PG off, as well as the bridge and strings.

but i can tell you this:

6 screws, 6 lugs.

the backplate was embossed gibson USA. no ink stamp.

Archived