Gibson Brands Forums

How do you change avatar

Autumn Light&Shade

Hi all, I can't work out how to change my avatar. I've reduced the pixel size in my Photobucket account, but it still comes up on the forum 'this image is not allowed'. The photo I'm trying to upload is of my Gibson SG, so it's nothing offensive.

Could someone help me with a step by step guide.

I can add photos to topic discussions, but this avatar photo is driving me nuts ](*,) :)

Thank you, Emma

Hi Emma.

Have you made sure the image is no bigger than 120x120 pixels?

I'm guessing you are on the right forum page and you have an image on your computer which is ready to use? It shouldn't be necessary to go via photobucket.

All you SHOULD need to do is cut'n'paste the image's tag from your system...

:-k

P.

Apologies in advance if this is an insult to your intelligence but just to make it crystal clear...

Are you doing the 'green arrow' stuff?

Av%20Change%20profile_zpsjscw8d0h.jpg

Av%20Change%20avatar_zpsj6qf1yo2.jpg

Av%20Upload%20image_zpsos0gbh9d.jpg

Make sure you have removed the existing avatar before uploading the new one, of course.

If trying to upload from your computer doesn't work then the photobucket option is worth a go.

If the above doesn't work then I've no idea where the problem lies, I'm afraid. Sorry!

P.

Autumn light& shade....I've been trying to upload my own Avatar photo for over a year...no luck...I'm having the same problems as you.

Hi Kaiser Bill, I'm still trying [laugh] .

Been tinkering with my new toys for my Gibson SG. Graph Tech nut and saddles and Gibson Angus Young pup. Which is a lot easier to do than the avatar [laugh] . All good though. :)

Been tinkering with my new toys for my Gibson SG. Graph Tech nut and saddles and Gibson Angus Young pup. Which is a lot easier to do than the avatar [laugh] . All good though. :)

You seem to have your priorities worked out just fine, Emma.

Have fun with the new additions!

[thumbup]

P.

Kaiser & Autumn Light&Shade; when ya'll figure this out, let this old guy know too! Been trying for over a week, on and off.

I've asked my computer savvy wife to assist- she thinks she can reduce the photo I wanna use on our computer, then post it.

I too, was trying to reduce the photo then post from the Photobucket account; no dice! [cursing]

Thank the Lord I've got a guitar and playing is good therapy...(oooooommmmmm!)

Brian

Archived