Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Deluxe 2015

Thomse

Hi Tom

I can give you some good feedback. I have one and experienced some issues at first but got past them, I love this guitar!!!

I really like the extra width of the neck. It felt a little weird at first but I adjusted to it quickly and it feels perfect to me now.

I love the feel of the lower frets and they are perfect up and down the neck. The overall build quality and finish of mine is excellent and equally as good as my other Les Pauls.

The 15db boost switch is a great feature for lead playing and provides incredible overdrive. The coil splitting feature on the volume knobs allows for variety in tone, not really like a strat but will give you the ability to experiment with your sound.

This is my first experience with mini humbuckers which I was always curious about, they are amazing. They are more crisp and provide an incredible amount of bite.

The issues that I found were with the Zero Fret Nut and the Gforce tuning system and I had to return the first guitar for another one. The idea of the zero fret nut is great as it allows simple adjustment of the action. On the first guitar, the strings quickly wore grooves in the zero fret and popped out of them really easily, especially on open string bends. The strings seemed to move all over the nut.

I returned the guitar for another and had the same problem. The zero fret is made out of brass, maybe a harder material would have been better. I called Gibson customer service and they were incredibly helpful. The sent me a replacement for the zero fret, this one nickel plated and it seems to be better.

The guitar came strung with 9's which gave the Gforce a hard time staying in tune.

I restrung it will 10's which solved the Gforce issue, it stays in tune perfectly now. It also helped with the nut issue and the strings now stay in place.

Seriously, I love this guitar and have a hard time putting it back in the case.

Hi Tom

I can give you some good feedback. I have one and experienced some issues at first but got past them, I love this guitar!!!

I really like the extra width of the neck. It felt a little weird at first but I adjusted to it quickly and it feels perfect to me now.

I love the feel of the lower frets and they are perfect up and down the neck. The overall build quality and finish of mine is excellent and equally as good as my other Les Pauls.

The 15db boost switch is a great feature for lead playing and provides incredible overdrive. The coil splitting feature on the volume knobs allows for variety in tone, not really like a strat but will give you the ability to experiment with your sound.

This is my first experience with mini humbuckers which I was always curious about, they are amazing. They are more crisp and provide an incredible amount of bite.

The issues that I found were with the Zero Fret Nut and the Gforce tuning system and I had to return the first guitar for another one. The idea of the zero fret nut is great as it allows simple adjustment of the action. On the first guitar, the strings quickly wore grooves in the zero fret and popped out of them really easily, especially on open string bends. The strings seemed to move all over the nut.

I returned the guitar for another and had the same problem. The zero fret is made out of brass, maybe a harder material would have been better. I called Gibson customer service and they were incredibly helpful. The sent me a replacement for the zero fret, this one nickel plated and it seems to be better.

The guitar came strung with 9's which gave the Gforce a hard time staying in tune.

I restrung it will 10's which solved the Gforce issue, it stays in tune perfectly now. It also helped with the nut issue and the strings now stay in place.

Seriously, I love this guitar and have a hard time putting it back in the case.

Just wondered how easy is it to replace the brass nut?

Hi

That is the cool thing, There is an insert that fits inside of the outer part of the nut. That is all that needs to be replaced. It was really easy. So far, it has held up much better. The heavier string have made a big difference too.

I just bought a 2014...I really like it, the neck is a 60's profile...of course that depends on you and what profile neck you like. I would encourage you to go play a few....this last Guitar I bought felt so good in my hand, the sound was amazing, the color was right and I just had to have it. Go check a few out and see if one gets stuck in your hands. [biggrin]

If it wasn't for that "G" force thingy...I might have bought one. Having that crammed down your throat turns me off totally. Not real wild about the coil tap toggle switch either. What have they done to our beloved Deluxe?? All in the name of progress??

Its a different guitar than the one I had in '73...I shoulda kept it. Ahhh hindsight!

Hi

I understand and think that the Gforce should be an option instead of on every 2015 model. I am thinking about replacing it with Grovers. The coil tap gives it some variation. Everything else about this Deluxe is incredible though. I love it.

I had one and was impressed with it overall. The wider neck is easy to get used to, and I liked the adjustable nut. The fit and finish was better than any of my other Gibsons, except for a small flaw in the neck binding. I ended up selling it because I have back problems and I can't take the weight of a Les Paul. It was a very nice guitar!

20141209_194510_zpspbvutgft.jpg

Archived