Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Europe Customer Service (Netherlands)

This morning i've returned my gibson custom shop to the dealer for a couple of fingerboard issues. Then they will send it to the Gibson European headquarter so they can see the guitar and eventually (i really hope) fix it (the only one which is located in Netherlands).

Of course it's brand new so in regular warranty.

Has anyone had experience with the European Gibson Center in Netherlands?

How long did it take to get the guitar back?

Let everybody know your experience with the customer service [thumbup]

No experiences here because there was no need to. The two Gibson guitar problems of mine were solved fast and easy by the dealer then. The dealer was Thomann. Their service is great.

Fender is a different story, or more exactly lots of different stories. Would be too long to tell here... [thumbdn] In one case they didn't even want to send spare parts - piezo saddles - to Thomann on warranty, so Thomann paid for them - I'm not kidding! [scared] Anyway, they didn't charge me for that.

No experiences here because there was no need to. The two Gibson guitar problems of mine were solved fast and easy by the dealer then. The dealer was Thomann. Their service is great.

Fender is a different story, or more exactly lots of different stories. Would be too long to tell here... [thumbdn] In one case they didn't even want to send spare parts - piezo saddles - to Thomann on warranty, so Thomann paid for them - I'm not kidding! [scared] Anyway, they didn't charge me for that.

I've bought another guitar from Thomann and it was perfect. The best guitar i've ever seen. Great service from Thomann [thumbup]

This one with fingerboard problems is from Muscstore.de. I was very disappointed because i think the guitar wasn't controlled at all before shipping.

Fingerboard was really really dirty but apart from that, it was full of white stains that were not removable and there was a mistake with an inlay.

They offered me 150 euro back for the issues but i didn't accepted. I mean, i want my guitar in new conditions without problems!

They weren't inclined to receive the guitar back, but after i've directly emailed Gibson that said that they were able to look at the guitar and eventually fix it, the dealer accepted. So i've returned it.

My real concern is about the waiting time...as i've not ordered new pieces but returned the entire guitar

Archived