Gibson Brands Forums

App to Memorize the Fretboard

I developed a free Android app to help memorize the notes on the fretboard called "Fretboard Learn". The app has a bunch of game modes where you can practice matching the name of note to a position on the fretboard (identifying the highlighted note, finding note X on string Y, and finding all X notes on the neck). It has sound and you can set custom tunings. It's helped me a lot using it while I worked on it.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Google Play Store

Amazon App Store

gkEl0uF.png

• 3 weeks later...

I developed a free Android app to help memorize the notes on the fretboard called "Fretboard Learn". The app has a bunch of game modes where you can practice matching the name of note to a position on the fretboard (identifying the highlighted note, finding note X on string Y, and finding all X notes on the neck). It has sound and you can set custom tunings. It's helped me a lot using it while I worked on it.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Google Play Store

Amazon App Store

gkEl0uF.png

Thanks - What a great app - very useful. What programming language do you use to write apps? I tried BASIC by Paul Laughton, which is very good, but I would be interested to know more about programming apps.

Archived