Gibson Brands Forums

Ice-T - "Colors"

Searcy

My favorite BC track was aways There Goes Te Neighborhood

Actually Ice says it well here at the beginning (of the same song again :))

(Marshall Paul, listen to what he says (in his eloquent way :)). And yes I love Rap, the 80s were my teenage years and I got into it the same time I got in to Rock, I love them both.. Rap can be as powerful as Rock any day of the week.. I like the beats, the bass and the rapping styles that flow... Good music is good music no matter what style.

To ignore/deny rap's influence on music is at this point just silly. Like all genres it has its high and low points, but it's here to stay so I try to focus on the good...

I always thought this was a nice jam

Are you serious?

I'm with ya!

I don't give an F about that POS! He's a punk and shoulda spent his life in prison, not getting rich and rubbing elbows with the likes of the Hollywood white-guilt contingent!

He openly spoke about his early days as a banger and a dope dealer and pimp of his stable of Ho's...

I have zero respect for the soiled toilet-paper of humanity like himself that are willing to do what he did to other humans to make his illegally obtained wealth before he supposedly decided to walk the line of legitimacy getting into the music business... And what does he get for his choices of tanking the low-road and the shortcuts in life and his willingness to trash and destroy the lives of others? Accepted and embraced with open arms by those with either a low enough consideration of humanity to subscribe to that utterly vile anti-existentialism or ignorant enough to buy into the image he's built for himself after living a terrible felony filled life that gets a simple pass because now he's politically-correct!

Back in the day he had openly spoke about how he never felt more alive than when he was pimping... He can KMA and all those thug punks can GTFO of my life and the circles of influence! I'll not ever spend one penny that ends up in their pockets, period!

A rapist is still a guy that made the choice to rape someone even if they haven't in many years... I'll not subscribe to his fraudulent legacy!

I simply choose not to give him a free pass for the carnage he's left in his wake! I refuse to join the politically-correct band-wagon and give him his piece of the "reparations" pie!

If that's what one embraced in their life in their informative years, they have my pity!

Ignorance is bliss I guess!

He is not worthy of accolades from any segment of humanity!

His PSA spots with the others from the cast of Law and Oder SVU is a travesty and a vile hypocrisy!

And it shows clearly what the elitists think of such vulgar atrocities against those they wax poetically about those they pretend to champion with image enhancing pap and the fraud of their leftist politics of utter BS! It all gets a pass if it's from within those that have achieved the elitist status granted to each other by those of the in-crowd!

That gets a pass, but conservatism and being a Tea Party American grass-roots movement member gets you pariah status and canonized as evil, wrong, and horrible?!?

K...

If that's what one embraced in their life in their informative years, they have my pity!

Ignorance is bliss I guess!

So you are happy to support rock stars who in many cases famously took drugs and indulged in sex with underage groupies... And if I refer to them in the way you do, they are nothing but paedophile drug addicts... yet are celebrated as amazing people.

Im sorry but if you were to exclude any famous musician who has questionable morals then you would be left with almost nothing.

And im not saying I agree with or support any of that behaviour.. But I separate the music from their personal lives.. What they do with their own lives is their business.

I guess as you say.. Ignorance is bliss!!!

Ya, remember these offensive Ice T lyrics.

"I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.."

"I'm going down to shoot my old lady..."

"Look um on the wall baby and hand my down my (gun so I can kill you)"

" put you in a strangel hold baby and I smashed your face"

"Driving that train high on cocaine"

Any rock and roll worth listening too should be offensive.

Lol! Good point. There are different levels of offensive though and different levels of revolting lyrics. It takes a lot to be offended, but there are a few artists whose lyrics go beyond disgusting. Guess it's like movies. Mostly it doesn't impeach on the music if it's great.

Rabs makes some very good points, it'll be interesting to see Jimi's reply.

I don't give an F.......

I have zero respect for.....

He can KMA and all those thug punks can GTFO of my life.....

I'll not ever spend......

I'll not subscribe to......

I simply choose not to.....

I refuse to.....

He is not worthy......

Are you talking about Ice-T or rct? How is he in your life?

And it shows clearly what the elitists think of such vulgar atrocities against those they wax poetically about those they pretend to champion with image enhancing pap and the fraud of their leftist politics of utter BS! It all gets a pass if it's from within those that have achieved the elitist status granted to each other by those of the in-crowd!

What? I've read this several times and it is gibberish. Sorry.

Ice-T is as American as you are, Jimi. And the blues you love was and still is the devil's music.

BTW even I have an Ice-T record - "New Jack Hustler". He played a narcotics agent - a cop - in the film.

Ice-T is as American as you are, Jimi. And the blues you love was and still is the Devil's music.

This is the thing..

Gangster rap is what the blues was in its day.. A view of the social landscape and how the people involved in that cope with it, live with it and ultimately deal with it. Again not saying its right but the whole reason that genre of music exists is because the people needed an outlet... Im not going to and cant go into it all on here but they are a result of how Afro Americans have been treated for many many years... (and many other factors)...

Its part of American history now.. and always will be. (as are films like Boyz n the Hood)

This is the thing..

Gangster rap is what the blues was in its day..

And that's the big and small of it. Listening to morons trying to claim that "it isn't even music!" reminds me a lot of listening to my grandmothers racist tirades about how blues wasn't even music.

Old people.. Gotta love um.. [biggrin]

And that's the big and small of it. Listening to morons trying to claim the "it isn't even music!" Reminds me a lot of listen to my grandmothers racist tirades about how blues wasn't even music.

Old people.. Gotta love I'm :)

[thumbup] Too true. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... always. But if you are still denying rap

as a musical force you have your head in the ground. And if you think there is no good rap,

then you haven't looked far enough. This guy for example...

Archived