Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson les paul historic oxblood

Nando BluZ

a 1954 reissue, made in 2003. This is the 99th one made. Oxblood color, Burstbucker 2/3 IIRC.

I'm not sure about country of origin for the tuners.

This was part of the regular production run Oxbloods in '03. They did an actual Jeff Beck( JB Oxblood) run in 2009, where the first 50 were aged and signed by Jeff,

then X number of aged/VOS units, but not sure how many.

Your guitar is a great guitar. Enjoy it.

Dave

a 1954 reissue, made in 2003. This is the 99th one made. Oxblood color, Burstbucker 2/3 IIRC.

I'm not sure about country of origin for the tuners.

This was part of the regular production run Oxbloods in '03. They did an actual Jeff Beck( JB Oxblood) run in 2009, where the first 50 were aged and signed by Jeff,

then X number of aged/VOS units, but not sure how many.

Your guitar is a great guitar. Enjoy it.

Dave

I got this guitar yesterday, sounds rock n roll, nice tone... but, all of 2003 oxblood have a GIBSON logo in the schaller tuners, but this one is with the original logo" S ". But is the same tuner. Ty Dave.... i thing this 100 first come with S" logo.... anothers come with GIBSON logo... but is the same tuners, and this made in germany is more pretty, well, schaller is from germany.

I got this guitar yesterday, sounds rock n roll, nice tone... but, all of 2003 oxblood have a GIBSON logo in the schaller tuners, but this one is with the original logo" S ". But is the same tuner.

Has been this way for decades. It has been the same with Grovers for many years - there were some saying GIBSON, but all of mine say GROVER. I don't care as long as they work nicely. [biggrin]

Has been this way for decades. It has been the same with Grovers for many years - there were some saying GIBSON, but all of mine say GROVER. I don't care as long as they work nicely. [biggrin]

Yes, im excited with this guitar, sounds great for me, a really beast!!! but when e see "S" made in germany... i dont know why, but all the 2003 oxblood come with GIBSON Logo, dosent matter to me too.... im a brazilian.... this guitar come from England to me.... she has 12 years old... someone change it.... i dont know, but this guitar is amazing..... Joe perry also have one =) Ty mate

Yes, im excited with this guitar, sounds great for me, a really beast!!! but when e see "S" made in germany... i dont know why, but all the 2003 oxblood come with GIBSON Logo, dosent matter to me too.... im a brazilian.... this guitar come from England to me.... she has 12 years old... someone change it.... i dont know, but this guitar is amazing..... Joe perry also have one =) Ty mate

They tuners aren't necessarily changed. The guitar may have come with them stock. Perhaps Gibson needed some as soon as possible then and therefore went with the OEM engraving.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My most recent acquisition.

2014 R4 Benchmark Oxblood

oxblood_zpsdodtmbuo.jpg

Dealer photo.

8.4 lbs.

This ole geezer was getting tired of the size of my beloved Historic 59 ES335, so off it went.

My last and only electric. My hand just melts into the neck.

Will post my pics shortly.

Archived