Gibson Brands Forums

Sale at UK online shop

Rabs

In case anyone was interested... The online shop ive been getting a lot of my parts from has a massive sale going on, with all sorts of guitar parts... knobs, caps, fretwirem bridges, tools you name it.. Worth a look if you are a builder or constant modder :)

http://www.rothkoandfrost.com/clearance/

I think sadly they are have a clearance as they are moving out of selling this stuff which is a shame as I used them a fair amount.

Thanks Rabs!

Unfortunately, even these are blow-out prices for Europe, such goods still much cheaper from the U.S. on regular sale.

I just had to order some parts for a friend's Strat, and with the S/H, parts were almost half as cheap from U.S. than I could find them locally (well, U.K. or Germany).

Cheers... Bence

Thanks Rabs!

Unfortunately, even these are blow-out prices for Europe, such goods still much cheaper from the U.S. on regular sale.

I just had to order some parts for a friend's Strat, and with the S/H, parts were almost half as cheap from U.S. than I could find them locally (well, U.K. or Germany).

Cheers... Bence

Really.... Don't you ever get hit with import tax? Or is that a UK thing....?

When I got some pickups from Searcy I was charged like a quarter of the price of the pickups in tax.. And from what I hear I got lucky.. They seem to charge whatever they want.

Hello Rabs!

If I am not mistaken, the EU import tax barrier is 120 EURs(?). When I can, I split the orders into several smaller packages, I do not order all the tools, parts at once.

The other thing I have noticed, they are, - at the Customs - do not bother with smaller packages (air mail and such) regardless of the price. They are more after bulkier boxes. At least, that's the local habit they seem to follow.

EU burocracy...well, it is what it is.

Cheers... Bence

Archived