Gibson Brands Forums

Help Identifying Steinberger

jmg

Hi,

I have a Steinberger which I believe is a GM7TA, but I'm not completely positive. I've done some research on the different models, but am not completely confident. Any input into which model this is is really appreciated!!!

Thanks..

Jerry

post-65913-058655500 1427213727_thumb.jpg

Looks like a pre Gibson (not necessarily better) GM7T.

Yep, that sounds correct. Could have been a Nashville GM-7T as well, but the knobs look more like late Newburgh. A serial would really help :)

Bernd

Yep, that sounds correct. Could have been a Nashville GM-7T as well, but the knobs look more like late Newburgh. A serial would really help :)

Bernd

Thanks so much. The side of the neck reads "STEINBERGER USA N13916"

/r

Jerry

Thanks so much. The side of the neck reads "STEINBERGER USA N13916"

Yep, that confirms it. This guitar will soon celebrate its 23rd birthday, it was made on April 29, 1992. One of the very last Newburgh GMs :)

Bernd

Yep, that confirms it. This guitar will soon celebrate its 23rd birthday, it was made on April 29, 1992. One of the very last Newburgh GMs :)

Bernd

Thank you so much for the assist!!!

/r

Jerry

Bernd

I've not really played this guitar that much. I mostly play a PRS CU24, but I did some work for a guy and he couldn't pay me so I settled for the guitar. Looks like I may have come out alright on the deal. I haven't seen any of the GM7s on Ebay or online for sale, but some of the GM4s look like the could fetch a few grand. Not that I'm looking to sell really. I like the guitar, but it's nice to know the value in case I ever get some work done and can't pay. :)

Jerry

Archived