Gibson Brands Forums

Have you seen this yet?

Kelvinator

Yep - the Darkburst looks very nice. [thumbup]

Perhaps the short scale makes it less neck heavy. B) I share the opinion that the price is a bit steep. :(

Really beautiful. But yeah the price tag does seem to be up there a bit. I guess if you're into one enough, why not. The regular LP Bass for me, weighed a bit too much. I'm wondering how these guys weigh-in?

Too bad we'll probably never see one at a Guitar Center msp_unsure.gif. Short-scale basses are fun to play, but I much prefer the sound of my long-scale LP BAL-3, LP Double Cut, and the EB3-L over my SG. I've owned the SG for almost 10 years, but just don't play it very often. To me, the short-scale SG sounds less focused and kind of drab - but that's just my opinion, and I know some people really prefer that sound. This new LP with the maple center block and maple laminated body could be a great combination. I'd love to try one; but for $3K, it would surely have to have a huge "WOW" factor sound-wise. It is definately a thing of beauty though... Maybe a "Blem" will show up for $2,950.00 msp_scared.gif.

Archived