Gibson Brands Forums

2013 LPJ bridge specs

Buzzwood

Can anyone please help? I own a 2013 LPJ. I was under the impression that the bridge/tailpiece would be a "Nashville" type. I purchased an aftermarket brass saddled bridge designed to fit a "nashville" type but just got a call today from my guitar tech stating that the aftermarket bridge would not fit. Did Gibson use a "Vintage" style ABR-1 on this particular model? It is supposed to be a 70's tribute model. Didn't they switch from the ABR-1 style to Nashville style in 1975? Any help would greatly be appreciated as getting ahold of Gibson's 24/7 tech support is a pain in the arse!

this is the bridge & tailpiece I purchased:

https://guitarfetish.3dcartstores.com/XGP-USA-Gibson-fit-Black-Tuneomatic-Bridge-BRASS-Saddles-OUR-BEST-_p_4230.html

https://guitarfetish.3dcartstores.com/XGP-USA-Gibson-fit-Black-Stop-Tailpeice-with-Studs-Perfect-OEM-style-OUR-BEST_p_4233.html

Hello and welcome to the Forums!

I used the same crap (sorry, but it is what it is). It's post screws will not fit into stock Nashville bushings. You will either have to reuse the stock Gibson posts, or replace the bushings as well.

When it's done, You can come back complaining about the saddle lifting, causing terrible buzz.

Honestly, buy a quality product instead. I had this one for a week or two on my guitar. TonePros, Faber, Callaham have great bridges, this one is all about the looks.

Cheers... Bence

Did the tech specify what doesn't fit? Are the holes not big enough? Too far apart? Stud threads don't fit? What exactly is the problem?

He said the entire bridge is a couple mm too short. I don't have the guitar back yet so I really can't do all the measurements myself. I am trying, to no avail, to get ahold of Gibson's Tech Support to get the exact specs for my particular model (2013 LPJ 70's tribute) The tech is still installing 2 Bill Lawrence L500XL's, Grover Rotolock tuners, and doing a setup. Once I get the guitar back I'll be better able to spec out the bridge dimensions myself.

He said the entire bridge is a couple mm too short. I don't have the guitar back yet so I really can't do all the measurements myself. I am trying, to no avail, to get ahold of Gibson's Tech Support to get the exact specs for my particular model (2013 LPJ 70's tribute) The tech is still installing 2 Bill Lawrence L500XL's, Grover Rotolock tuners, and doing a setup. Once I get the guitar back I'll be better able to spec out the bridge dimensions myself.

Find a new tech instead.

rct

Find a new tech instead.

rct

Yea, beginning to think that myself after it's taking him over a week to install 2 pups and tuners. But he was right the aftermarket bridge from guitarfetish.com sucked. It's supposed to fit all US Gibson with the "Nashville" type bridge. But after reading a couple comments, I'll just stick with the OEM Tune-O-Matic.

I have a 2013 LPJ, they have a Nashville bridge.

Changed the stock bridge and TP on mine with a Tonepros bridge/TP set couldn't be happier with the results. Fit's perfectly and you can lock their bridges and tailpieces, once ajusted and intonated you don't have to care about that anymore!

And I had no clue how to do anything on guitars but youtube and this forum were a great help. No more tech needed anymore, its quicker and costs less. It's no rocket science, give it a try!

Nobody will treat your baby like yourself!

I have a 2013 LPJ, they have a Nashville bridge.

Changed the stock bridge and TP on mine with a Tonepros bridge/TP set couldn't be happier with the results. Fit's perfectly and you can lock their bridges and tailpieces, once ajusted and intonated you don't have to care about that anymore!

And I had no clue how to do anything on guitars but youtube and this forum were a great help. No more tech needed anymore, its quicker and costs less. It's no rocket science, give it a try!

Nobody will treat your baby like yourself!

Thanks for the input! I'll look into those tonepros.

...But he was right the aftermarket bridge from guitarfetish.com sucked. It's supposed to fit all US Gibson with the "Nashville" type bridge...

Hello!

I have been through the same thing. My luthier (back then) called to inform me that the guitarfetish bridge posts do not go into the stock Gibson bushings. He had to reuse the stock Gibson posts.

But as I said, that's the least disturbing issue with that bridge. The whole thing is poorly machined.

Cheers... Bence

So does the OP have an LPJ or a Junior? Your link does not elude an answer.

I would guess a LPJ, I've never heard a junior called a LPJ. Also if the guitar has metal bushings, that's Nashville only and to answer the OPs question, the Nashville did replace the abr1 in '75 but was later used again on different models. I believe the early LP Classics had them and many others in the last while.

So does the OP have an LPJ or a Junior? Your link does not elude an answer.

Yes, Les Paul back in 2013 put out a "70's" tribute called a LPJ. It's not a Les Paul Junior but a solid body like a "Studio LP".

http://www2.gibson.com/products/electric-guitars/les-paul/gibson-usa/lpj.aspx

I finally heard back from Gibson's Tech Support. This particular model came with a "Nashville" TOM and a standard tailpiece. I had an issue with a low quality aftermarket TOM with brass saddles from guitarfetish.com It did not fit properly with the included inserts. I opted not to install but went thru installing 2 Bill Lawrence (Wilde Bill) L500XL pups (http://www.wildepickups.com/Wilde_Bill_s_Twin_Blades.html) and Grover rotoloc tuners. The guitar tech setup the guitar as well. It's a nice guitar for the price. I love it. The L500's scream.

.. but where are you getting "70's Tribute"? ...

Hello!

He is in process of creating one for Himself. Installs 70s style pickups (Bill Lawrences), and making such conversions. Please refer to His first post.

Cheers... Bence

Do you have a "LPJ" or a Les Paul Junior? I'm confused now that there is an actual "LPJ" model.

Here you say you didn't know there was an LPJ model.

I'm not trying to argue, but where are you getting "70's Tribute"? I can't find where Gibson claims this. Are you just deducing this yourself by the listed specs? I own an LPJ. This is why I am confused.

And here you now say you own one.

I think you are the one confused. An LPJ is not a Les Paul Junior. In 2013 they issued a LPJ(http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/LPJ.aspx), which was what they stated as a "70's" tribute model. They have since issued more models as "70's" tribute as well (http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-70s-Tribute.aspx)

Hello Buzzwood!

Now, You have confused me too! :D

What LPJ supposed to do with 70s Tribute? No mention about it on the link You have provided. (I thought, You are after making one out of Your LPJ - which is definitely not the same guitar as the Les Paul Junior).

70s Tributes (with Dirty Fingers) came earlier than LPJs (http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-70s-Tribute.aspx).

Even, there were Studio 70s Tributes (with rail-type mini humbuckers) before them (http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-70s-Tribute.aspx).

Cheers... Bence

Now I see where it go wrong...

When You click on the LPJ at Gibson's product site for 2013 models, the browser tab says "Gibson Les Paul '70s Tribute".

Typical Gibson site bug. That page is notorious for that kind of stuff.

Cheers... Bence

Archived