Gibson Brands Forums

Highway Star-Deep Purple

10K-DB

this one does it all for me!

Blackmore was the growing up, that was my biggest influence, countless hours with Machine Head, and Who Do We Think We Are, albums, and probably burned thru three copies of each, all in the name of stealing licks. ya baby!

and while I do like a good dose of Steve Morse the current Deep Purple,, IS NOT DEEP PURPLE..

Agreed w all of ya,,ya know I watched this about 6 times ,,and it dawned on me,,if you listen to the vibrato bar work Ritchie did,,WHAT? No Floyd Rose on that! And it stayed in tune pretty well for a stock strat trem,,his gtr tech must of had some pretty neat tricks to keep that to stay in tune so well.And he uses a "scalloped" fretboard,,I tried one once,,wasnt my cup of tea. Ive played this in many a cover band,,and it never gets old,,a really fun tune to play thats for sure. After listening to this album,,Ill have to put on Humble Pie,"Rockin the Filmore" love the live albums.

anyone from the RnR HoF getting this?......hello?

ya know,,funny you mention,,I read awhile back that they were nominated,,and someone asked Ritchie B about it and ,,he said,Judging by most who are already in there,he wasnt really impressed by the whole deal and he could care less,,,,now I dont know if thats true if he really said that,,but it was out there on the web/blogs about it,, I think last year or so.

yeah, I reckon that's what many bands would say and I don't disagree with them - the HoF lacks a lot of credibility.

Still, its about the only game in town and this seems a ridiculous oversight (though just one of many with that organisation).

Archived