Gibson Brands Forums

Home Video with Backing Track in DADGAD

BluesKing777

Johnson outboard motors, boats, piers, and guitar music. Perfection. I'm assuming you had all the people appearing in your video sign the standard talent release forms.... [biggrin]

Of course, they are all on the payroll...think Chevy C. In Funny Farm.

The most expensive was the little stunt dog at the very end!

BluesKing777.

It is old footage from the end of spring last year on a Sunday when the sun came out for a minute and just EVERYbody wants to walk on the beach and then eat something greasy. With the weather here today, you could have the whole place to yourself!

I trimmed the worst zoom and pan bits, but I had to leave some in because the music track was locked in and the music would have kept going without pics, or some other footage of something different, if that makes sense. I could have trimmed everything and then add the music track, but that is pretty hard to work out timing wise, 5mins38secs, so, this it.

I cant really hang around people in the footage really, because I was easily 1000 odd metres away with the superzoom video cam and although they make claims of visibility in the camera screen, with the sun out a bit, I could NOT see a thing in it! Must have been instinct to find the most photograph friendly! I love the way the dog comes back at the end - unplanned and I laugh every time.

The guitar in the track is my D28 (my 2006 HD28v to be exact) in DADGAD, made for it! You can put any guitar in different tunings, of course... The tune is a bit of an improvised 'Go-Along' that I was talking about in another thread on DADGAD and a few people have quizzed me, where most of the chords are simple one and two finger chords - the rest is the various open strings ringing out in the tuning! You can go more complicated of course, but I wanted to post this example.

Thanks!

BluesKing777.

ha...enjoy your music with the added vids BK...nice to see beautiful Victoriastan [biggrin] !

Great playing.I think I'll have a go at a couple of my Roy Harper DADGAD's today after hearing that.

Thanks there, FB!

Have a good day and go enjoy your Roy tunes!

BluesKing777.

Archived